How Many Batches Of American Bc Can Be Made In A Pro-600?

Decorating By sugarMomma Updated 4 Feb 2010 , 2:36pm by dandelion56602

sugarMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarMomma Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 9:27pm
post #1 of 11

I have made a double batch numerous times in my 6 qt KA, and it seems like it can hold more. Can I do a triple batch or is that pushing it?
By batch, I mean one that includes a 2 lb. bag of PS, 2 cups butter/shortening.

Thanks!

10 replies
Edit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Edit Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 9:37pm
post #2 of 11

Yes, you can triple that. I use 6 1/2 cups butter/shortenning and 6 1/2 lb ps.

sugarMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarMomma Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 9:38pm
post #3 of 11

Thanks, gonna get to work!

loulou2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loulou2 Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 9:49pm
post #4 of 11

Thanks, I had been wondering that myself. I got a Pro 600 for Christmas and have made a double batch but not tried the triple icon_biggrin.gif

djs328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djs328 Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 9:57pm
post #5 of 11

Funny - I am in the middle of pushing the limits of mine right now...trying 4 lbs of butter/cream cheese for crm chs icing...so far, she's workin' like a champ! icon_wink.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 9:58pm
post #6 of 11

I make a triple all the time and have no problems and it doesn't incorporate air into the icing as it covers the paddle.

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 6:21am
post #7 of 11

Good luck to you all. If you'll google it for problems you'll notice the worm gear wears out these babies quite frequently (unless they've changed the model in the past couple of years). No way no how would I do it again. It'll work ok for awhile, but it wears it down pretty quick. Do it at your own risk, but don't say you weren't warned. (Personally I hate mine & would give it away if I hadn't spent so much money on it)

Jeep_girl816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeep_girl816 Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 6:40am
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelion56602

Good luck to you all. If you'll google it for problems you'll notice the worm gear wears out these babies quite frequently (unless they've changed the model in the past couple of years). No way no how would I do it again. It'll work ok for awhile, but it wears it down pretty quick. Do it at your own risk, but don't say you weren't warned. (Personally I hate mine & would give it away if I hadn't spent so much money on it)

I really wanted a 600 for a while but I've heard all kinds of horror stories like this. I guess I'll stick with my basic 5qt artisan and keep making everything in several batches icon_rolleyes.gif

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 7:01am
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep_girl816

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelion56602

I really wanted a 600 for a while but I've heard all kinds of horror stories like this. I guess I'll stick with my basic 5qt artisan and keep making everything in several batches icon_rolleyes.gif

Bummer huh !!! But it would be ashamed to mess up such an important item required for baking.

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 8:31am
post #10 of 11

6qts worth

Mike

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 2:36pm
post #11 of 11

Mine went ka put about 3 min into mixing my batch. Talk about AIR HOLES. I ended up mixing small amounts w/ my hand mixer, freezing it & using for filling & cupcakes. I was pissed.

I called a company asking ?s about their commercial mixer. The lady I was talking to said they use to carry KA 6qt & had almost every single one returned, so they quit carrying them. She said the 5 qt is actually better craftsmanship than the 6 qt.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%