Home Based Kitchen In Tn (Memphis)

Business By FranklyFoxxy Updated 28 Feb 2010 , 9:04pm by sugarycreations

FranklyFoxxy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FranklyFoxxy Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 8:42pm
post #1 of 3

Hello! I just wanted to know if anyone knows the legalities of operating a home based kitchen in TN? Will I have to have a separate kitchen, etc. If you know of any helpful sites so that I can do more research, please share. Thanks! icon_smile.gif

2 replies
littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 5:30am
post #2 of 3

my son was gonna open a home bakery in obion county....you have to have a separate kitchen...3 bay sink hand sink...the whole deal.

sugarycreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarycreations Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 9:04pm
post #3 of 3

I don't think it's a statewide thing. In my county, one doesn't have to have a 3 compartment sink for a home business, but separate refrigerator is a requirement. You need to check with your local Health Department. Anything we would say would just be a guess. After all, you've already gotten 2 contradictory answers.

I just opened my shop in August 2009 as there was NO way I could have gotten approved. Refrigerator wasn't the problem; pets were. Can't be in house ever at all. Not necessarily a bad rule just not going through the family drama of telling daughter her 12 year old dog & 10 year old cat and year old hamster had to go. icon_lol.gif

Make friends with your health inspector. He/she is a valuable resource of information NOT your enemy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%