How Much Ganache?

Baking By Sagebrush Updated 2 Feb 2010 , 12:16am by tesso

Sagebrush Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sagebrush Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 5:47pm
post #1 of 3

I am wanting to use a whipped ganache on a 10" cake (2 layers, torted). I would need enough for the dams on the two layers of filling, one layer of whipped ganache in the middle, and enough to cover the top and sides, which will then be covered with fondant.

Also, am I understanding the process right? Bring the heavy whipping cream close to boiling, pour over the chocolate (chips or chopped), let sit a bit to melt and then stir to combine. Cool to room temperature (or should I chill it?). Anything more than just beating it some more at this point to get it spreadable like frosting? Anything I'm missing or misunderstanding?

TIA

2 replies
tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 12:15am
post #2 of 3

as i recently learned. if you want to whip the ganache you must chill it. you can go to the search tap type in ganache, chilling, recipe and it brings up old posts on the subject that is how Iam catching up on old posts that talk about this very subject. icon_biggrin.gif all I have ever done is used the pour/hot ganache. I just made a whip one this weekend and it was fabulous. I used on the receipes on here.

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 12:16am
post #3 of 3

as i recently learned. if you want to whip the ganache you must chill it. you can go to the search tap type in ganache, chilling, recipe and it brings up old posts on the subject that is how Iam catching up on old posts that talk about this very subject. icon_biggrin.gif all I have ever done is used the pour/hot ganache. I just made a whip one this weekend and it was fabulous. I used one of the receipes on here.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%