How Do I Edge The Icing Image On This Cookie?

Baking By chanielisalevy Updated 3 Feb 2010 , 4:53pm by ruthi

chanielisalevy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chanielisalevy Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 10:05pm
post #1 of 10

I need to make 40 8x11 sugar cookies covered in fondant with an edible image on it ( a poem with graphics) the fondant is white and image is white but the edg loks terrible on my trial run cookie. I need ideas for covering the image's edge. Thanks for any ideas!

9 replies
foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 10:17pm
post #2 of 10

Can you post a pic?

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 1:43pm
post #3 of 10

could you pipe a thin border around it so that the "unclean" edges don't show?

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 2:02pm
post #4 of 10

I have piped a beaded border in royal icing on a cookie before to either hide the image. Just make sure your royal is stiff...not the flooding consistancy. HTH.

verono Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
verono Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 2:29pm
post #5 of 10

Make your cookie a bit smaller...
So this way the frosting sheet can go on the "side" of your fondant...(I'm applying my frosting sheet with clear alcool like vodka).. so you put "vodka" with a brush on the top of the fondant and also and the side.. and then you can trim the excess...
This is how I did those custom cookies : (but with a glace similar to toba's glace).. I had printed the logo on the business card size frosting sheet.. handcutted the cookies, and then applied the logo on it and trimmed it..
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1534462

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 2:45pm
post #6 of 10

You can use a damp paper towel to moisten the top of the fondant before applying the image and it whould lay completely flat with no edges sticking up.

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 7:11pm
post #7 of 10

I don't like those edges either so i always pipe a border around the sheet. I personally like shells or stars.

jrosebud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jrosebud Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 7:18pm
post #8 of 10

I made some cookies for a bridal shower with edible images. I piped a border around one and left the other two bare. (Those without edging were stuck down well over a thinly-painted coat of royal icing.)

I have a pic in my cookie photos if you'd like to see the contrast (which worked well, in my opinion).

chanielisalevy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chanielisalevy Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 3:00am
post #9 of 10

Thanks to all, will try these ideas and post a picture when I'm done!

ruthi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ruthi Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 4:53pm
post #10 of 10

jrosebud - I really like your cookies with the edible images. What printer do you use and what edible paper? Did you do the names the same way as well - how do you usually stick the image to the cookies?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%