I Hate My New Ka Mixer Because >>>>

Decorating By partysafe Updated 1 Feb 2010 , 3:49pm by minniepiper

kaat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaat Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 12:38pm
post #31 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxey2000

I want to get a beater blade. I can't imagine that they would void the warranty though, since KA makes and sells them on their website. Unless it's an after-market one. My KA is way out of warranty anyway, and still the very best money I ever spent! thumbs_up.gif I went with the 6qt and I can't remember how I ever did cakes without it.

I have not been able to find it on their website, where did you find it?

partysafe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
partysafe Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 12:43pm
post #32 of 38

beaterblade.com ------- and several other sites as well ----- just google: beater blade and make sure you pick your model #

partysafe Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 12:52pm
post #33 of 38

moxey2000 asked where I purchased a beater blade:

www.cutleryandmore.com ($ 24.95 + $ 5.95 S&H) ---

some sites even offer them with a colored blade, red, yellow, pink

partysafe Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 1:03pm
post #34 of 38

atcake: Thank you for letting us all know about www.beaterblade.com and everybody else for adding a lot of helpful tidbits!!

www.cutleryandmore.com seems to be the cheapest at $ 24.95 + $ 5.95 S&H which they all charge. The others charge $ 29.95 + S&H. icon_wink.gif

kaat Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 1:56pm
post #35 of 38

Ok so I just talked to kitchenaid. She does not have info on that specific product and to clarify -
If it is not a Kitchenaid product it won't necessarily void the warrantee however Kitchenaid will not be responsible to cover damage caused by that product.

Even though my beater blade says KA on it, it is not MADE by Kitchenaid. (The KA is for the model as they also make the blades for Cuisinart, Viking and Kenwood)

HTH
Still love my blade.

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 2:46pm
post #36 of 38

I hated my KA before the beater blade. I got mine at Sur la Table. The beater blade does get all of the sides of the bowl and the very bottom, BUT I still have to scrape. Cake will get built up on the blade. I hate that my KA is not a tilt, but I like the capacity of a 6qt. And I broke my beater blade from constant use making buttercream. I use the mixer blade that came with my KA for buttercream and the beater blade for cake mixes.

kaat Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 2:58pm
post #37 of 38

You can adjust the height of the blade. After I lowered mine it was hitting the bottom and working great. (The instructions are in the manual - it's really easy)

minniepiper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minniepiper Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 3:49pm
post #38 of 38

I have to tell my story of the Sunbeam mixer and my thumb: When my son was 11, he had to make cookies for 4-H. I forgot until the morning he was supposed to bring them in so we quickly started to thow some peanut butter cookies together. I had a Sunbeam mixer, the one that you can use as a hand mixer or use the stand. Not having time (and not using my common sense) I used the heavy mixer without the stand. I was beating and adding flour when my hand slipped and my thumb went into the blades. I thought for sure I broke it but it was ok. Needless to say, we got the cookies baked and sent to school and I never used that mixer without the stand again. I can't imagine what it would be like to get you hand in a KA! icon_cry.gif

5 years later, I have a KA that I wouldn't trade for anything....and I keep my hands free and clear!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%