Your Favorite Cookie Recipes For Kids.

Baking By Cookies4kids Updated 6 Aug 2015 , 9:42pm by Pastrybaglady

Cookies4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookies4kids Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 1:59am
post #1 of 15

I belong to a group of women who spend our time raising money to send severely handicapped children to summer camp. During the summer, we bake 15 dozen cookies each week to be serve to the kids on Thursdays. With no small children any more, I have lost touch with whats popular. Would any of you share your childrens favorite cookie recipes with me?
Thanks so much

14 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 3:03am
post #2 of 15

Tollhouse chocolate chip is a classic favorite.
The NFSC recipe is very good, too. (It's in the recipe section of the website).

idcakegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idcakegirl Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 3:21am
post #3 of 15

I don't have any kids, but I babysit a ton. My favorite cookies to bake with kids and that they love are Ranger Cookies (or Everything But the Kitchen Sink cookies) and Funfetti Cookies. The Funfetti ones are on the side of the cake mix box. They aren't super fancy, but they are really easy to make (I bake them with 5-13 year olds) and you can make a lot of them at the same time. I love Nestle Tollhouse as well. Sometimes I replace the vanilla extract with Mapleline (sp?) flavoring. It makes them melt-in-your-mouth awesome!

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 3:51am
post #4 of 15

Growing up my favorites were chocolate chip and no bake chocolate cookies! The thought makes my mouth water! Kids love brownies too! I've baked them in cupcake wrappers before to have easy individual servings- and they look cute in the wrapper!

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 4:11am
post #5 of 15

Here's another one that kids LOVE.

Ooey Gooey Bars
Makes: One 12"x18" baking tray--54 2"x2" bars or 36 2"x3" bars

Ingredients
1 14.4 oz box of Honey Maid Graham Cracker Crumbs
1/4 lb regular (salted) butter, melted
1 12 oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 12 oz bag white baking chips
1 12 oz bag butterscotch OR peanut butter baking chips
1 14 oz bag sweetened flaked coconut
2 cups toasted pecans, chopped
2 14 oz cans sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)

Directions:
1) Line a half-sheet (12"x18") lipped baking tray with parchment paper and spray sides of pan with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Mix together butter and graham cracker crumbs until crumbs are completely moistened.
3) Using a sheet of wax paper, press graham cracker crumbs into pan, pressing to form an even, compact crust.
4) Distribute semi-sweet chocolate chips, white baking chips, butterscotch or peanut butter baking chips, sweetened flaked coconut, and pecans evenly over crust.
5) Pour sweetenend condensed milk evenly over everything.
6) Bake in a 350 deg. F. oven for 30 minutes.
7) Cool completely, then cut into 2"x2" or 2"x3" bars.
*Store in an airtight container at room temp. for up to 10 days.*

thecookieladycc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecookieladycc Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 7:02am
post #6 of 15

Haystacks! My dad actually would make them for us when we were a kid. No baking involved. Just a bag of crunchy noodles that you get the the Chinese food section, stir in a bag of melted butterscotch chips, add some peanuts if you want, fold together, then plop them out in spoon fulls onto parchment paper, stick them in the fridge till they are set. SOOOOOO stinking good! I think I may have to make some tomorrow!

Cookies4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookies4kids Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 6:55pm
post #7 of 15

Thanks everyone. These ideas and recipes will be tops on my list for this coming summer. I really appreciate the help.

verono Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
verono Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 3:26pm
post #8 of 15

hmmm here anything that is called Cookies is a winner... hhahaha !!

anuokfranny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anuokfranny Posted 1 Aug 2015 , 8:17am
post #9 of 15

We can make the healthy dessert recipes for the kids by using fresh fruits which are available in the home. We can make the cool recipes like ice cream desserts which are mostly preferred by all kids. There are many only online sites where we can find a variety of recipes, which helps us to guide the step by step process in making the desserts.

cookie recipe for kids

winniemog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Posted 1 Aug 2015 , 9:01am
post #10 of 15

They might not be popular in the USA, but here in Australia the kids (and adults) also go wild for meringues, and you can knock out really big batches quite quickly - it's just 2 ounces of sugar to each egg white, so they're cheap too. You can eat them plain, or sandwich pairs with chocolate, ganache, whipped cream, jam, dulce de leche....whatever you like. You can colour them, or paint stripes of colour in your piping bag, so the meringue kisses are striped.

dmo4ab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmo4ab Posted 6 Aug 2015 , 1:35am
post #11 of 15

Chocolate chip is always a favorite.  Sometimes I make then fairly small and sandwhich  two together with vanilla buttercream!  M & M cookies are a good choice too. Kids usually love sugar cookies....you can make them in fun shapes, color the dough, ice them, use sprinkles..they present limitless options! 

Brownies or Rice Krispy Treats are a good choice too, if you want something more in a bar fashion. 

rsquared02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rsquared02 Posted 6 Aug 2015 , 3:24pm
post #12 of 15

No bake cookies!  The chocolate with oatmeal ones.  We add peanut butter too, but you may not be able to due to allergies.  

ETA:  And I meant to say, that's a really awesome thing you guys do!  Love it.  

*Last edited by rsquared02 on 6 Aug 2015 , 3:24pm
Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 6 Aug 2015 , 6:35pm
post #13 of 15

Kids around here like funfetti cookies and puppy chow.

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 6 Aug 2015 , 9:39pm
post #14 of 15

Does anybody make popcorn balls anymore?

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 6 Aug 2015 , 9:42pm
post #15 of 15

I also second brownies and rice krispy treats!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%