How To Pipe Font Perfectly

Decorating By KarolynAndrea Updated 2 Aug 2011 , 4:09pm by angelleyes

TabbieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TabbieCakes Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 5:15pm
post #61 of 69

THANK YOU OP! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

For the post, the links and the instructions on loading the fonts. Sooooo great.

FYI: I have been printing out my wording on paper, placing on a cookie tray, laying wax paper over it, then "tracing" with warm chocolate and tapping the tray to smooth out. Once hard, I peel off the lettering and lay on the cake. It's not a perfect method, but thought I'd share anyway. Hope it helps someone.

I'm gonna try printing in mirror image next time, so the smooth underside of my piped chocolate will be the top.

Thanks again! Those font sites are AWESOME! icon_lol.gif

Danielle8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danielle8 Posted 11 Apr 2011 , 3:52pm
post #62 of 69

cant wait to try it!!! thumbs_up.gif

Hollylop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollylop Posted 11 Apr 2011 , 5:15pm
post #63 of 69

That's a wonderful idea. Thanks for sharing.

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 13 Apr 2011 , 2:04pm
post #64 of 69

Wow, ok, Ive done my lettering by using my microsoft word, I'd just find a font I like, mirrored it and once I had my transfer done for a cake, I'd slide the lettering over the picture, but under the wax paper to set the writing where I wanted it, and I'd trace it over the picture.

I did my cars cake and justin bieber cakes like that....I have real shaky hands thats why I dont do scroll work, even if I imprint it on, I still have to trace the outline. I love the scroll work and lace looks but cant figure out how to do it other than in a FBCT if I were to do one....

litlecuchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
litlecuchi Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 12:21am
post #65 of 69

Thanks for sharing!!! Great idea!!!!

angelleyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelleyes Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 6:01am
post #66 of 69

When I type in what I want... I hit download and what I typed was't save it was what ever is written on the website.. am I doin something wrong?

KarolynAndrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KarolynAndrea Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 12:05pm
post #67 of 69

Angel...not too sure what you mean? I'm not very computer savvy, so maybe ask someone who can come help you?

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 12:25pm
post #68 of 69

Hi angelleyes. What you type in is only a sample of how it would look once you type it in your own computer.

The download is just the font. You have to install that font in your computer, and then open Microsoft Word or any other text program you have and type that same word or words on a page. Then you can print that.

So just test type to see what fonts you like and if you like a particular font, hit download. The font will be downloaded to your system. Install it, and now use it.

angelleyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelleyes Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 4:09pm
post #69 of 69

ah got it ... sorry i'm blonde lol.. thank you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%