Venting But A Little Bit Insulted None The Less...

Decorating By HannahLass Updated 30 Jan 2010 , 8:09pm by mckaren

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 3:10am
post #61 of 87

I usually don't comment too much on these kind of remarks but if that woman said that cake looks homemade she has a serious eye problem maybe she's going blind???

HannahLass Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HannahLass Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 5:46am
post #62 of 87

Thank you everyone I am absolutely blown away by your support. I'm all warm and fuzzy now hehe. It's mental, in my job I take no prisoners lol I work with multi million pound contracts and even there I've never had a customer be as rude. They are hemmoraging money because their computer servers or networks are gone and they are nicer than one stupid cow??!? I'm going to follow all your advice, screw the woman she's a nut. Bluehue, I am so stealing that haha. I'm forgetting her I've vented I'm better knowing i'm not just being picky about social skills.

Ladyellam those are good brit phrases if ever I heard them and I use them icon_lol.gif

Jamie they are just the capital funky letters, the blocks aren't huge only 4x4x4" it wasn't a huge party. They were still plenty big though.

I think I can say with certanty any comments from her again won't go unanswered now. Ladies and gentlemen "take no c£&p woman" is ere and she's fully loaded. (OHHH DHHHHARLING - YOU COULDN'T AFFORD ME ............ EVEN IF YOU WANTED TOO...................AND YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO. ) Make comment big smile sashay away in best dramatic style.

Stupid ignorant cake muggles with nasty streaks beware you've created a monster! Nah it's still little o'l me but i'm getting there. MWAH.

This now quiet volcano is snuggling back down after unexpected eruption mumbling about the old days when people had manners.

xxxxxx

aracely30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aracely30 Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 6:03am
post #63 of 87

that cake is spectacular!!!!! what is it with this woman??!!!her comments were sooooo rude, I would NEVER think that's is a homemade,hey and if it was,so what??? does this "Sue" make cakes also? maybe she does and she was jealous! PD that comment of you going to your cave! ha,ha,ha that was a good one, don't be upset! you cake is wonderful! straight to my favs!!! icon_smile.gif

Holly Molly! I just went to your photos to save your cake,do you know how many saves are in your cake?? like 120!!! soooo are we all blind? or is it this nasty woman is all jealous? you should show this cake and all that saves they have!!!! congrats your cakes are awesome!!! thumbs_up.gif

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 6:17am
post #64 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

Next time anyone says anything like that to you just throw your head back - and with a laugh in your voice say right outloud -

OHHH DHHHHARLING - YOU COULDN'T AFFORD ME ............ EVEN IF YOU WANTED TOO...................AND YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif This one gets my vote! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

LOLLLLLLLLLL
Sometimes in life we just have to stand up and say it as we see it, instead of shying away and feeling all icon_redface.gificon_sad.gificon_cry.gificon_mad.gif.

Plus coming back with something like that makes the other person think twice before throwing degrading remarks around for her own self glory.

Looks homemade
Blue throws her head back and says ...............................pfffftttttt.

devorie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
devorie Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 6:22am
post #65 of 87

Homemade my a$$. She couldn't make anything like that in a million years, I bet.

mireillea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mireillea Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 8:30am
post #66 of 87

Your cake is STUNNING! Go with the pic to the first professional baker in town, say that you would like to maybe order a cake like that and inform what it should cost and if they even make a cake like that. I bet you, they don't and if they do it will cost you BIG MONEY.

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 3:04pm
post #67 of 87

In retrospect, I can see "homemade" Homemade as in one-of-a-kind cake made specially for you, with full attention to detail; as opposed to professional, frozen, right off the assembly line cake. Yeah, I'll take that homemade. And thank you.

CAKE_NEWBIE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CAKE_NEWBIE Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 3:12pm
post #68 of 87

That cake is amazing. that lady is nutz!!

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 3:22pm
post #69 of 87

I completely agree that your cake is absolutely wonderful and very, very professional looking. I find jealousy brings out the mose laughable comments from people. That cake is worth way, way, way more than what she said. And like others have said, she just can't afford you and that is OKAY! icon_smile.gif

Sagebrush Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sagebrush Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 7:49pm
post #70 of 87

Hannah... I aspire to make cakes like that!

I'm also one that comes up with the perfect come back long after the time I needed it. Nevertheless, I think it would've been great to tell her (in the stickiest sweet voice you've got)...

"Oh, sweetie, I'm so sorry! It takes some mighty big insecurities to make someone behave so rudely. You poor thing."

Also... regarding all the people that have that cake saved as one of their favorites... they are all CAKE PEOPLE... people who do cakes themselves, who look at cakes every day, who know all about the techniques you used and can seriously compare how well they are done compared to other cakes, and THEY think it's such a great cake that they want to use it for inspiration.

crazycanuk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazycanuk Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 8:18pm
post #71 of 87

That cake is absolutely GORGEOUS!! I am jealous on how well that cake is done.

Do not listen to ignorant people like that, they are just jealous of the perfection of your beautiful piece of work. As my mother always said, "homemade gifts come from the heart and mean more than anything store bought". But my goodness, your cake is just stunning and it shows how much pride you put into your work.

As for "sue", I would ask if she would like to see something else homemade, a swift kick in the rear!

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 8:22pm
post #72 of 87

I'd ask her, "Oh, where do you usually get your cakes? On the corner of Crack and Pipe?!"

Good grief! What goes on in a person's head to make them behave so badly?!

rainbow_kisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainbow_kisses Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 11:20pm
post #73 of 87

This woman maybe just realised she has no talent as well as no manners and just needed to get her hormone patch changed icon_lol.gif As soon as I saw your cake weeks ago in the gallery I added it as a fav as it is fantastic.

An Hannahlass it is not totally illegal in the Uk to bake from home. Our laws are so lienient when it comes to hobby bakers. You are allowed to cover your costs (which is ambiguous) and you are allowed to make upto 5 cakes in 5 weeks without being licensed by your local council as we consider cake as a safe food with little chance of food poisoning.

You cakes are fab keep your head held high and smile your brightest smile and give her a little chuckle every time you think of her comment TEEHEE

Mrs-A Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs-A Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 11:26pm
post #74 of 87

as it was gran showing the pics i wonder how old the woman who made the comments was? sounds like classic grumpy old women syndrome

psmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psmith Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 11:40pm
post #75 of 87

That gal 'Sue' must be crazy! That cake looks NOTHING like homemade! I'm really speechless that anyone could make a comment like that about that cake. I aspire to make cake like that!

kiwigal81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kiwigal81 Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 12:12am
post #76 of 87

True, it was Gran showing the pics, so maybe the friend really *was* blind?? (And nasty).

tirechic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirechic Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 12:30am
post #77 of 87

Ok, seriously, this cake is fantastic. Woman knows she could never be able to pull something like that off, and had to put someone else down to feel better. Some People!!!! It like that little smirk or glance to someone else when you del. or make a cake for school or something. They say yeah it looks great but then there is the face or look to another person they are with. Yeah ive been there, it sucks, but not everyone can appreicate hard work and a gift for cake like yours. Sorry that you had to hear what she said, but, dont stop making cake, cause some of yours are in my favs. Thanks for reading this long thing.

One of your fans!

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 12:51am
post #78 of 87

Don't let her get to you - she's a blooming idiot. Clearly she doesn't know a home-made looking cake from the obvious hole in her head because your cake looks VERY professionally done. And she has no manners whatsoever, which makes her about as useful as a used styrofoam cup in my book, but some people are just clueless.

That's why I say ALL the time that I like my dogs far more than most people!!! icon_razz.gif

Oh and BTW - your cake is phenomenal!!!

meenu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meenu Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 1:22am
post #79 of 87

That cake is beautiful! I looked at your photos and all your cakes look great. icon_smile.gif

mmqc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmqc Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 1:54am
post #80 of 87

icon_surprised.gif IF SHE HAD ANYTHING BAD TO SAY ABOUT YOUR CAKE SHE WON'T LIKE ANY OF MINE ! I BAKE LIKE YOU DO AS A VENT AND MY FAMILY LIKE MY PRACTICE ALOT BUT THEY WOULD LOVE YOURS KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! BESIDES, WHO MADE HER THE CAKE GODESS ANYHWAY?

princelyess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princelyess Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 2:18am
post #81 of 87

The cake is beautiful, awesome, great . . . if you get my drift ! LOL I think homemade is the BEST!!!! It means that it was made with LOVE, and you can't buy that in any bakery or store. Ignore her jealous rudeness. Rude ppl are my pet peeve too!

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 2:23am
post #82 of 87

Your cake is georgeous, I have it saved in my favorites. In my opinion that lady is a rude b....!

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 2:30am
post #83 of 87

Your cake is lovely and I cannot understand people with such ignorant lack of manners and just really crude. Do not worry what she said.......it is obvious she is an unhappy person.....go on making wonderful cakes. You are very talented.

HannahLass Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HannahLass Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 7:26am
post #84 of 87

wow icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif so greatful for everyones support. "sue" is a forever 40 person she's my grans neighbour. Never has much to do with her before. She looks like she's been sucking lemons. hmm maybe that is the answer. There's deffinately no cake for her she can't be nice she doesn't get nice cake i am assured my cake tastes great, i baked forever before i started to decorate. After being plain shocked at her rudeness, i realise my cake doesn't matter she would have hated anything made by me or anyone. She's a spite filled bag of bones without manners or common decency and you can't respond to people like that only ignore them.

scrummymummy I didnt know that, i looked on he councils website but couldn't find the info, i'll have to look again thankyou.

artscallion crack and pipe made me laugh so much.

Hugs to you all as you are truly fabulous.What would i do without you???
Han XxxxxX

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 7:29am
post #85 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by HannahLass

she would have hated anything made by me or anyone. She's a spite filled bag of bones without manners or common decency and you can't respond to people like that only ignore them.

The only way they can make themselves feel "better" is by putting everyone else down. It's a sad way to deal with an inferiority complex.

Preezie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Preezie Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 7:46am
post #86 of 87

I think your cake is adorable! If I made anything as beautiful, I'd be thrilled! The lady is obviously insane, jealous or BOTH...LOLicon_smile.gificon_lol.gif

mckaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mckaren Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 8:09pm
post #87 of 87

hannahlass, your cake is beautiful. It looks very professional and all of those people (myself included) who have added it to their favourites know far more than she does!

She's just one of those bitter people who has to put others down to make themselves feel better - that really irritates me. I looked at your photos and I'd love to have half your talent !

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysierra

do NOT even fret-that cake is awesome!!! Some people like this 'sue' character can be so rude and yes, without manners! I'm not sure what place she is from to think its okay to just go around insulting someones work-or implying that its not 'bakeshop good'
That cake looks wayyy better than alot of cakes I've seen in shops around here! Like some repliers said its all ego-she's one of THOSE people icon_biggrin.gif And if she doesn't want to pay the price (which I think should be alot more than stated) then she can walk her lil fanny to a store and get something else.

sillysierra, that means something a little different to us in the UK! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%