Snarkybaker's Blender Ganache

Baking By Kris10joy Updated 29 Jan 2010 , 1:39am by Kris10joy

Kris10joy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kris10joy Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 3:08pm
post #1 of 3

Help!! I found this recipe & am dying to try it. Does anyone know how long it is good for unrefrigerated? I'm a little iffy on keeping it unrefrigerated with the evaporated milk. I plan on making it tonight & its not due till Sunday - will it still be good? Thanks! icon_cry.gif
Snarkybaker's Blender Ganache
I love this recipe so much I asked Snarkybakers permission to post it. Its just what you want from a chocolate icing rich, smooth, super chocolate flavor. Ive posted the directions as they were given to me, but Ive used it directly after making it. You can refrigerate it if youre trying to thicken it up or storing it. Its perfect for making those drippy chocolate topped cakes. Ive made it endless times, and its always loved by everyone. Thanks for the recipe, Snarkybaker!
Ingredients

* 6 oz unsweetened chocolateMUST BE UNSWEETENED
1 cup evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar.

Instructions

In blender, process milk and sugar together for about ten seconds. Add melted slightly cooled chocolate and blend on high speed until you hear your blender change pitch. This could be several minutes. Pour into a bowl and let rest for at least two hours. Overnight is better. Do not refrigerate!

The two most common reasons I have seen for it failing is not enough cocoa solids (using sweetened or not enough chocolate) and not blending long enough. If it gives you trouble, add 1 extra ounce of chocolate.

2 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 10:13pm
post #2 of 3

I don't know why snarkybaker didn't advise you when she gave you permission to post the recipe...

Anyway, in this thread she gives storage directions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkybaker

4. Spoon frosting into a bowl and let sit at room temp for an hour or two. Don't refrigerate it, even if you're not using it for a few days. But it's so smooth and luscious - how could you not use it for a few days???

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-1221771.html

HTH

Kris10joy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kris10joy Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 1:39am
post #3 of 3

Thanks a lot JanH -
I didn't post the recipe, I found it on here, but it didn't specify how long it was good for.
Thanks!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%