3-D Elmo Birthday Cake?

Decorating By happy2bake Updated 28 Jan 2010 , 2:48am by madgeowens

happy2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
happy2bake Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 1:01am
post #1 of 8

Can someone please help me find the instructions for making the 3-D Elmo birthday cake? Thanks for your help!

7 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 3:27am
post #2 of 8

Here are directions for a 3D RKT Elmo cake topper:
(Includes RKT recipe.)

http://www.cakescanada.com/HowTo/HowTo-Elmo.pdf

Here's a link to all the 3D Elmo cakes in the CC galleries:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&meta=search&type=full&search=elmo&album=57&search_user=

It will be easier to give you specific decorating help if you could pick a specific cake. icon_smile.gif

HTH

mandirombold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandirombold Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 5:16am
post #3 of 8

I've seen ppl use the Wilton 3-D Teddy Bear pan, minus the ears and then use RKT to extend the arms and legs.

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 5:44am
post #4 of 8

I was going to use the Teddy Bear pan but decided to do it free hand with rice krispy treats instead, check it out on my page icon_smile.gif

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos-by-madgeowens.html

happy2bake Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 11:57pm
post #5 of 8

I have already bought the Elmo pan and now I'm wondering if I could just make it using that pan and have him "coming out" of a sheet cake? Is this even possible???

becky27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becky27 Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 12:21am
post #6 of 8

i did an elmo cake...i used the doll form pan and the ball pan for his head...rkt for his legs and arms!!! i don't know how to attach the pic but if you go under my name you can see him in my pics!!!!

happy2bake Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 1:21am
post #7 of 8

I saw the pic and it is so cute. Was this easy to do? I like that he is sitting on another cake. It looks like it was fun to make. Can you tell me a little more about how you did this?? Thanks for your help with this!!

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 2:48am
post #8 of 8

Yes, I made Elmo from rice krispy treats, I make myself, and if its too sticky I add more cereal....and shaped him, then put a skewer down thru him to dry...actually stuck the skewer down inside a unopened roll of paper towels....then I measured after I made the cakes and filled and frosted them to see how much skewer was needed to go all the way down thru all the cakes into the foam core board at the bottom. Then he was nice and secure. I used the grass tip to do his fur, fondant for eyes and nose and mouth, I cut a wedge for his mouth and tucked the black in there..you can form the mouth better when you pipe the red fur around there....I used gumpaste/fondant for the name and other decorations. If you have any other questions I will be happy to help. I am so pleased to hear that you liked my cake, thanks so much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%