Glue

Decorating By evbunt Updated 24 Jan 2010 , 3:11pm by FromScratch

evbunt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evbunt Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 4:49am
post #1 of 9

I have a "4" that was supposed to go on top of my cake in a pile of clouds...well, I forgot about it so I didn't make t until late (MMF) and I am out of BC. It won't be hard in time, I'm assuming, to stick it just inthecake and expect it to stand up, so is there anyway I can "glue" it onto a small lollipop stick or something to stick it in there - that will be dry and solid enough in the morning? Thanks!

8 replies
FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 4:56am
post #2 of 9

Royal icing will work. Melted chocolate or candy melts might work too. icon_smile.gif

evbunt Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 5:02am
post #3 of 9

Okay, thanks...I was hoping not to have to make a entire batch of icing just to put this darn 4 on...I don't have another cake for a month and this i literally all I have to do, but oh well. my kitchen was nice clean for a bit! LOL

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 5:04am
post #4 of 9

Have you made the "4' yet? I was going to suggest you knead some corn starch which will help stiffen up the fondant. I glue things with melted white chocolate --it's amazing how well it holds things.

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 5:07am
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by evbunt

Okay, thanks...I was hoping not to have to make a entire batch of icing just to put this darn 4 on...I don't have another cake for a month and this i literally all I have to do, but oh well. my kitchen was nice clean for a bit! LOL

golly. I hate for you to make up a new batch of icing just for this. If the fondant is still soft, insert a skewer or cocktail stick up the tail of the "4' (that's sounds bad, but you know what I mean.) That should help stabilize it.

evbunt Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 5:19am
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Win

Quote:

golly. I hate for you to make up a new batch of icing just for this. If the fondant is still soft, insert a skewer or cocktail stick up the tail of the "4' (that's sounds bad, but you know what I mean.) That should help stabilize it.

Well, I tried to stick a stick up it's....tail...and I broke it! I had just a small amout of red mmf left so I just made another one with tylose, never used that before and just bought it last week for the heck of it and then I tried to make a tylose "glue" with just tylose and water and Iput a stick on the back of the 4 with that...will see what happens in the morning. Sheesh, I like t keep things difficult!

evbunt Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 5:24am
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Win

Quote:

Well, I tried to stick a stick up it's....tail...and I broke it! I had just a small amout of red mmf left so I just made another one with tylose, never used that before and just bought it last week for the heck of it and then I tried to make a tylose "glue" with just tylose and water and Iput a stick on the back of the 4 with that...will see what happens in the morning. Sheesh, I like t keep things difficult!

bonnscakesAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonnscakesAZ Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 5:53am
post #8 of 9

The tylose should really help. It's in the gumpaste recipe I make and it dries fast. good luck.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 3:11pm
post #9 of 9

Yes... the tylose will help make it harden up much faster. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%