Transporting Cake.................

Decorating By mcmurray20 Updated 23 Jan 2010 , 5:47pm by Mug-a-Bug

mcmurray20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcmurray20 Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 4:06pm
post #1 of 2

any suggestions on transporting a 3 tier cake.. i hear ur supposed to have all the tiers seperate in boxes and put it together once u get theere... but what keeps the iced tier from smudging against the box? if i take the time to smooth over and over on the tier i dont want it to touch the box and get messed up but i cant hold onto 3 tiers i dont think? im afraid if i put them in my trunk when i or my husband turns a corner they will shift and hit the side of the box!! HELP? how do yall do it!??!

1 reply
Mug-a-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mug-a-Bug Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 5:47pm
post #2 of 2

I wouldn't bother stacking once you get there. For only 3 tiers you should be fine to transport it already stacked. Or at least stack the bottom two and just stack the last one on site. Just be sure you use a center dowel all the way through all 3 tiers. You could use SPS (I'm sure Leah_S will be in shortly to tell you all about it) icon_lol.gif but I personally don't care for it. Put your cake on a larger board than what it is sitting on so you can carry it easily. And put some sort of non-skid surface under it so it's not sliding around in the car. OH, and don't let your husband drive! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Good luck!! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%