When A Rush Fee Is Warranted

Business By cheeseball Updated 24 Jan 2010 , 2:04am by niccicola

cheeseball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheeseball Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 10:25pm
post #1 of 5

How do you determine what the fee should be? Do you use a percentage or a flat fee?

4 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 10:58pm
post #2 of 5

totally depends on what mood I'm in and how "reasonable" they are being with their request. icon_twisted.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 11:10pm
post #3 of 5

ditto. The more PITA they are, the higher the fee. Actually, that sort of works with most orders.

cheeseball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheeseball Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 11:41pm
post #4 of 5

Dang it, I knew that's what you guys were gonna say icon_lol.gif The need doesn't come up that often, but I suppose I thought I should have something at least sorta set...so that I don't let irritation cause a charge of double icon_twisted.gif

niccicola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niccicola Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 2:04am
post #5 of 5

I don't LIKE to take cake orders less than 5 days before the event date. So, if I have time to do a cake in that short amount of time, it's $25 rush fee.

My husband put it best-"Are you in the business of selling cakes or giving customers reasons why you won't sell them a cake?"

Money is money. If they first aren't scared by my high prices and have a reasonable request for a cake that is possible to do in a week, then I don't have a problem charging a small fee and they are usually understanding about that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%