Mmf Pea Pods

Decorating By KS421 Updated 21 Jan 2010 , 5:45pm by cakebaker1957

KS421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KS421 Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 10:50pm
post #1 of 2

I am making a pea pod cake for a friend's baby shower this weekend. Twin boys! Can someone please tell me how to make the open pea pods? I've looked online but the instructions I find make lumpy pea pods, not the gorgeous smooth ones I see on the cakes here.

Thank you!

1 reply
cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 5:45pm
post #2 of 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS421

I am making a pea pod cake for a friend's baby shower this weekend. Twin boys! Can someone please tell me how to make the open pea pods? I've looked online but the instructions I find make lumpy pea pods, not the gorgeous smooth ones I see on the cakes here.

Thank you!

Look at my pea pod cake, i also did one for twin boys, I used wiltons fondant and colored it green, then rolled it out, and cut it with a small knife then i folded it pinching the ends together leaving the middle open, i had to insert some napkins into the center so it would dry open , you need to make this ASAP so it will have time to dry, It still may be too late to dry properly Make sure that the bottom of the pea is flat, so it will sit on the cake i also took 2 little plastic babies that had blue diapers on and set them inside of the pea pod HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%