I Got To Compete On Ultimate Cake Off!!!

Lounge By KimAZ Updated 17 Mar 2010 , 4:05pm by 7yyrt

HarleyDee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HarleyDee Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 9:35pm
post #31 of 84

Saw the commercial for the new season! George Duran is the new host, that should be fun! icon_biggrin.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 9:54pm
post #32 of 84

We need the day it airs so we can watch!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 11:08pm
post #33 of 84

Kim....I am so proud of you!!!! You totally deserve to go....congrats.....and Please remind us 50 times when it airs....i don't want to miss a minute of it.

I'm so glad to see the CC people recognized. It really solidifies the fact that there is so much talent on this site!

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 11:23pm
post #34 of 84

Wow, thanks everyone! I promise as soon as I know when it will air, I'll be telling the world! icon_biggrin.gif

I will tell you that we only got to do one particial practice run before we left so we never got to see our cake entirely completed until the day we did it on air. I was SO relieve and SO proud that I cried when we were done! icon_cry.gif A camera man was on me then too but I don't know if that part will be shown. I'll probably look like a big dork.

KimAZ

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 11:31pm
post #35 of 84

Congrats, Kim!! Can't wait to see your episode.

Oh, and you ARE one of the "big boys" BTW. icon_wink.gif

High five, sistah!

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 11:35pm
post #36 of 84

Cool beans! I'll be watching the thread, waiting for your air date.

I applied for last season's cake-off but there were a lot of unkown questions at the time. Now having seen the show, it seems everyone competing owns a bakery and/or already has their name out there.

I want to see a show developed for those of us working as a hobby who have the talent and no where to showcase it! icon_biggrin.gif It would be fun watching a bunch of SAHM's compete, lol.

MORSELSBYMARK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MORSELSBYMARK Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 11:36pm
post #37 of 84

Congrats! We'll all be rooting for ya!

Lyns082608 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lyns082608 Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 11:38pm
post #38 of 84

Huge congrats!!!

KimAZ Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 11:41pm
post #39 of 84

Macsmom,
I do believe that all of the lead decorators for each team do own a shop or bakery. I *think* we are the only team from AZ to have competed on UCO so far. Woohoo!

However, many of the assistants including me are stay at home moms or have other jobs, some relating to cakes and some not at all. Another girl on our team is also a SAHM and the guy on our team is a meat cutter at Costco and never touched anything cake related in his life! It was so awesome to see him run fondant through the sheeter like a pro!

Kim

CeeTee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CeeTee Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 1:37am
post #40 of 84

Wow, I'm late to this...CONGRATS KIM!!!

MacsMom Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 1:48am
post #41 of 84

Yeah, it was so much fun shooting a video to send in with the application - me and my friend, another SAHM who has never touched a cake!

However, the experience really peaked her interest in finding a kitchen for me. That was last March, and now, several months later, we are finally beginning to really look into a bakery! It will be a dream come when that happens, and then I will hunt down more applications for cake challenges, lol!

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 2:06am
post #42 of 84

Oh Kim! That is wonderful, I am so looking forward to seeing it. Sharon (sugarshack) is going to be on again & Anne from Pink Cake Box, I also think Jen (jenniferMI) is on again but I am not absolutely sure.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 4:43pm
post #43 of 84

Kim you are gonna need to start a new thread with ALL CAPS w eek before your episode starts. icon_wink.gif I soooo don't want to miss a minute of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacsMom

Cool beans! I'll be watching the thread, waiting for your air date.

I applied for last season's cake-off but there were a lot of unkown questions at the time. Now having seen the show, it seems everyone competing owns a bakery and/or already has their name out there.

I want to see a show developed for those of us working as a hobby who have the talent and no where to showcase it! icon_biggrin.gif It would be fun watching a bunch of SAHM's compete, lol.

I would be thrilled if they could put something together for us SAHM/bakers!! I can't sell and I am thinking about entering the local cake shows next year. A cake competition would be soo much fun!!!!

PieceofCakeAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PieceofCakeAZ Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 9:19am
post #44 of 84

Congrats Kim! I can't wait to see you guys!

Chippi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chippi Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 10:04am
post #45 of 84

Congratulations Kim!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 3:55pm
post #46 of 84

Congrats Kim, please keep us posted to when the show is scheduled to air.

kickasscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kickasscakes Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 4:12pm
post #47 of 84

I thought it was on last night? I looked and looked and all I could find anywhere are Cake Boss reruns... Did I have the wrong date? When does it air?

HarleyDee Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 5:15pm
post #48 of 84

The new season starts next month.

rozzle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rozzle Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 5:52pm
post #49 of 84

Congratulations icon_biggrin.gif

sorry if this sounds like a daft question but is TLC an american channel, would love it if i could watch it here in the UK. Only one i seem to be able to find is ace of cakes. If anyone knows of any other cake programs here in the uk please let me know (sorry to hijack your thread)

congratulkations again

pattigunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattigunter Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 6:08pm
post #50 of 84

The new season starts next monday (2/1/2010). I saw the commercial when I was watching Cake Boss.

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 9:06pm
post #51 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by rozzle

Congratulations icon_biggrin.gif

sorry if this sounds like a daft question but is TLC an american channel, would love it if i could watch it here in the UK. Only one i seem to be able to find is ace of cakes. If anyone knows of any other cake programs here in the uk please let me know (sorry to hijack your thread)

congratulkations again

Yes, TLC (the Learning Channel, although it's really not educational at all, LOL) is an American Channel. You can also watch parts of it on the internet. Here's a link to the Ultimate Cake-Off episodes from the last season: http://tlc.discovery.com/search/results.html?query=ultimate+cake+off&search.x=29&search.y=9

They also air Cake Boss, so here's the link to that show:
http://tlc.discovery.com/search/results.html?focus=video&query=cake+boss&search.x=35&search.y=9

I just want you to know that not all American families and/or co-workers yell like Buddy Valastro's!

kickasscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kickasscakes Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 5:32am
post #52 of 84

...great THANKS!

CakeDiosa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiosa Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 6:21am
post #53 of 84

Congrats!!!

The casting director called my baker up and came out and film us for the execs to review. We are supposed to get the call for Season 3. I talked to Leigh Grode and she says they are taping more so there will be more episodes this season.

It ISSS a lot of work! After reading the NOVEL of paperwork me and my baker were like....ooohhhh....wooooowwwww! LOTS of work but the experience is priceless!

Congrats again! I wish there were a way we could plug CC on the show....

hmmm... lapel pins??? Tattoos??? hahahaha!!!

Can't wait to watch ya!

MacsMom Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 7:20am
post #54 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeDiosa

Congrats!!!

The casting director called my baker up and came out and film us for the execs to review. We are supposed to get the call for Season 3. I talked to Leigh Grode and she says they are taping more so there will be more episodes this season.

It ISSS a lot of work! After reading the NOVEL of paperwork me and my baker were like....ooohhhh....wooooowwwww! LOTS of work but the experience is priceless!

Congrats again! I wish there were a way we could plug CC on the show....

hmmm... lapel pins??? Tattoos??? hahahaha!!!

Can't wait to watch ya!

CC already has a great plug - they are mentioned in Ace of Cakes new book! I grinned hugely when I saw that. You can always plug CC yourself on the show ("Thanks for the support from my peers at CC") icon_wink.gif

KimAZ Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 6:27pm
post #55 of 84

Ok boys and girls!!!!

The date our episode is set to air is MARCH 15!!!

I'm so excited to see it! We never got to look up let alone see what was going on in the two other kitchens so it will be great to see what they did too.

I'm on the green team!

KimAZ

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 6:29pm
post #56 of 84

Very cool

Mike

HarleyDee Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 7:20pm
post #57 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimAZ

Ok boys and girls!!!!

The date our episode is set to air is MARCH 15!!!

Yay! My birthday! icon_biggrin.gif I'll be sure to watch.

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 3:10am
post #58 of 84

Love2BakeCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Love2BakeCakes Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 3:21am
post #59 of 84

Blessings Kim

Congratulations! thumbs_up.gif Regardless of the outcome, be proud that you did it. I know it was a lot of hard work! I am proud of you! { hug }

bennett5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bennett5 Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 3:37am
post #60 of 84

Cant wait to see you in action !!! Please give us a BIG REMINDER so we dont miss it...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%