This Is How Twitter Works For Business

Business By costumeczar Updated 18 Jan 2010 , 1:06pm by costumeczar

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 3:32pm
post #1 of 7

I got a call from the newspaper looking for pictures of groom's cakes, and I thought of two people I know who are on my twitter followers list who I did cakes for. I tweeted them to see if I could give out their info, and they said yes.

I sent the contact info to the paper and also mentioned that one of them had an interesting business they might want to write about in the business section of the paper.

They got all the info and the story about the groom's cakes came out today. I twittered about the story and mentioned both their twitter usernames in my tweet. I also added the local hashtag for our city, so if anyone in town pulls that hashtag up, they'll see my tweet.

They also twittered about the article, and retweeted my tweet to their followers. The one who has the business also mentioned that they're going to write an article about him next month as a result of me giving them his info. He also put a link to my website on his newsletter that he sends out to his mailing list.

So, by using twitter, I got pictures of cakes in the paper, did some networking with former clients, got my name out to everyone on the two clients' twitter followers lists, got some free publicity over the local twitter network, helped a client get some free publicity for his business, and my website went out to a bunch of people I probably wouldn't have met otherwise. icon_smile.gif

6 replies
shannon0407 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannon0407 Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 3:52pm
post #2 of 7

Very Cool! But as I don't twitter myself, much of what you said was like a different language!! lol!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 4:56pm
post #3 of 7

I bow to the Twitter master!

globalgatherings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
globalgatherings Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 5:07pm
post #4 of 7

Very cool marketing, love it.

Thanx for the tweeting knowledge OP; anybody that's crying about not having enough business should do this thumbs_up.gif

jewelsq Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewelsq Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 6:34pm
post #5 of 7

Thank you for breaking it down like this.

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 5:32am
post #6 of 7

I'm dizzy! lol

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 1:06pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaejrk

I'm dizzy! lol

Ha, me too, kind of. I guess the long story short is you just have to look at it as a networking method to get free publicity. And free is always good icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%