Global Sugar Art January Discount Not Working???

Decorating By mom2spunkynbug Updated 22 Jan 2010 , 8:37pm by greengyrl26

mom2spunkynbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2spunkynbug Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 4:15am
post #1 of 7

I ordered over $145 worth of supplies from Global Sugar Art this month and used the 10Percent code at checkout. I never received 10% off and when I emailed about it, I was told I should have used the "10Percent code at checkout"...to which I responded that I did, and I haven't heard back from them and I haven't received my 10% off.

Is anyone else having this problem?

6 replies
Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 4:43am
post #2 of 7

I ordered over $100 dollars earlier this month and I didn't have any problems getting the discount. Perhaps it is because you didn't type "Percent" in all caps. That is the only guess that I have as to why the discount didn't work for you.

I'm sorry that happened to you. Hopefully, you can get it all straightened out and get your discount.

mom2spunkynbug Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 3:13pm
post #3 of 7

Hm, that's weird. You would think that they'd tell you to type in all caps. I still haven't gotten it straightened out. Frustrating.

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 4:23pm
post #4 of 7

Keep on them about it - if you know you did it right then you deserve the discount. I'm surprised Alan hasn't responded to this yet. Good Luck!

mom2spunkynbug Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 6:17pm
post #5 of 7

When I first realized I didn't get it, I sent them an email about it. Alan did respond saying that I should have typed it in at checkout, following the instructions on the site.

I responded by saying that I did indeed type it in at checkout & I never received the discount....and I haven't heard from them since.

I order from them quite frequently, so whenever I'm able to get a discount I am excited about it and make sure to do it properly!

icon_sad.gif

AlanT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlanT Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 8:22pm
post #6 of 7

We do require that the discount code be used at the time of ordering and we have had no problems with the code. Once the code is used, it will immediately discount the order before you cash out. I received two emails regarding this issue, both were dated today, January 22nd. One at 9:32 and one at 2:20 pm. PLEASE- we need time to respond to emails. We receive hundreds of them a day and we try to answer all of them within 24-48 hours, depending on the urgency of the email. If any emails were sent at an earlier date, we simply did not receive them. We always answer our emails so please give us a call if you do not hear back from us.
I sent this customer a gift certificate for the amount of the discount as is our policy if the code is not used at the time of ordering. Alan

greengyrl26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
greengyrl26 Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 8:37pm
post #7 of 7

I've ordered twice this month using the code, and it worked for me, no problem. And...it doesn't have to be in all caps. In the ads that they have on this site, it's listed as "10Percent". I don't think capitalization matters. Hope it gets resolved...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%