Oops.

Decorating By Kitagrl Updated 17 Jan 2010 , 1:57am by mamawrobin

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 11:57pm
post #1 of 7

Of course. I get a new cell phone and actually get the ability to text...I accept my first cell phone photos for a last minute cake (ordered like Monday or Tuesday I think, for tomorrow, from a repeat customer)....and when I go to Google it to find pix to work from (its a fisher price toy) I printed off the wrong model of that toy!

Whoda thought there were TWO versions of the Fisher Price Cookie Jar toy?!

I was most of the way done with the cake today (in my photos) and wanted to go check something closer up...ran to my laptop and entered the name of the toy..and lo and behold two versions of the toy popped up. Uh oh. So went to my cell phone to check the small pix she sent me of her son's toy and sure enough, his toy (different coloring and facial expression) was the one I did NOT make. Stupid me!

Texted her to give her a heads up...did a rare thing and send her a pic of the cake I had just finished (to show her that its still cute, just not totally what she ordered) and am giving her a coupon towards her next order, or free delivery.

From now on the cell phone stays in FRONT of me during a Google search! I didn't want to accept the cell photos in the first place, I had asked her to email me the photos...but she was hesitant and wanted to just do it fast on her cell, and it was a relatively last minute order...so I accepted the cell phone pic...then I was like "Oh I know that toy" and then shut the phone off and later did the Google search.

Stupid. icon_razz.gif

6 replies
amytracy1981 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amytracy1981 Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 12:43am
post #2 of 7

Ooops! I looked at the cake and I looked at the 2 versions of the toy. I don't think they are too different icon_rolleyes.gif . If I were the customer I would not be upset because they cake looks AWESOME! I don't think her child will even know the difference, I'm sure he/she will recognize the toy. thumbs_up.gif

verisimilitude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
verisimilitude Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 12:53am
post #3 of 7

Wow, if I were the client of yours I'd be more than happy with that! The cake looks fantastic (and is so similar to the other toy, the child probably won't even notice) and you were really cool about the mix up.

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 1:16am
post #4 of 7

Awesome cake! I think it looks close enough!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 1:43am
post #5 of 7

The lid color and the mouth shape... I wouldn't complain one bit. It's spectacularly cute!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 1:45am
post #6 of 7

Thanks guys! Hopefully she feels the same way.... surely with the coupon she'll be fine.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 1:57am
post #7 of 7

With or without the coupon I would be fine. The cake is adorable icon_smile.gif .

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%