Go Figure..when Its Time To Pick My Cake, I Can't Decide

Decorating By Ginni Updated 21 Jan 2010 , 11:40pm by Ginni

Ginni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ginni Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 12:52am
post #1 of 11

I've seen so many wedding cakes from making them that now I can't decide what I want for my wedding. I've looked all over the internet, here, and in books. I have about 30 cakes so far that are favorites of all kinds. I just can't decide. Have any of you gotten married after you've done cakes? How did you decide? I just like all of them.

10 replies
LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 2:55am
post #2 of 11

I told my decorator the theme and the colors and then let her decide. I was very happy.

KawaiiCakeCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KawaiiCakeCook Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 3:10am
post #3 of 11

Depends on your budget

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 3:22am
post #4 of 11

Take your decor and "theme" or style, then try to pretend you're doing a design for a well paying bride letting you have creative license! lol I think going over the top could be fun, but simple could be just what you need - it depends on your personality! Tell us more and maybe we could help?

Ginni Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 2:36am
post #5 of 11

I'm saving a lot of the budget for the cake because everyone is going to look at the cake even more cause i do cakes and I've always wanted a huge wedding cake. I know I want a lot of gumpaste flowers and at least 5 or 6 tiers even if some of them are styrofoam. I love the ones with a lot of piping, and the ones with only flowers, and the ones that have constructed tiers with columns, and the ones that are stacked. its a winter wedding, actually i have a ton of time becuse its next january but this is one of the most important things in the wedding for me so, ive been looking for the last 6 months or so...and the more i look, the more i find.

Renaejrk Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 4:28am
post #6 of 11

How exciting! I bet your head is just reeling with ideas! What is the decor of the wedding going to be like?

Ginni Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 1:37am
post #7 of 11

I'm keeping things simple for the most part. I'm having candles everywhere during the ceremony. I'm not sure what kind of flowers I want yet except that I want off white and pink. I also am having a lot of ivy in the wedding. My grandmother used cuttings for her wedding. The plant that the cuttings came from was saved and planted in her yard. My mom used cuttings from that same plant, then my sister. Now the plant is in my mom's yard and I'm going to use cuttings from it too. The wedding will probably will kinda have a somewhat outdoors theme. My fiance backpacks, hunts, mountain climbs and anything else outdoors. We spend a lot of time outdoors so I was thinking a winter outdoors theme.

Renaejrk Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 3:27am
post #8 of 11

I bet it will be so beautiful. Draw up some of your many ideas and hang them up - maybe you'll find one that really draws you more!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 4:27pm
post #9 of 11

I could tell you exactly what I would do for my best friend's wedding cake, but I have no idea what i'd want for my one, so I know how you feel.

Make your list out of what you like, or what it is about the cake pictures that attracted you too them. Then start mixing and matching. You will have to narror your ideas down some probably because chances are if there are elements on 30 cakes that you like you won't be able to put them all on 1.

You have time to figure it out. You could also hire one of the wonderful designers on here to drawl you out a sketch of some of your ideas mixed together. icon_smile.gif

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 7:11pm
post #10 of 11

OMG...I am in the same boat LOL! Don't shoot me people, but I am going to do my own this time (My first marriage cake sucked, I didn't do it) But, I cannot decide what I want to do. The only thing that I do know is the cake base that is being used, and that it will be dance themed since my honey & I are both dance professionals. I am not doing a grooms cake simply because this is a second wedding for us both and we just want one cake, as I probably won't have the time to deal with more than one cake creation.

Ginni Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 11:40pm
post #11 of 11

texas sugar
that is a great idea. I didn't think of that. I might try to narrow them down and mix them together to get a cake.

I could never do my own cake. I thought about it and making it out Styrofoam and serve sheet cakes so that i could make it in advance. That didn't go over to well with my fiance or mom so I'm gunna get it from somewhere else.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%