I'm More Nervous Than The Bride...

Lounge By Mug-a-Bug Updated 9 Jan 2010 , 5:58pm by jillmakescakes

Mug-a-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mug-a-Bug Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 2:42pm
post #1 of 8

I'm making my first wedding cake on the 29th..... OMG. I haven't slept in well in days. I wasn't this nervous for my own wedding! I keep going over cake details over and over in my head. What a stressor! icon_cry.gif

7 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 2:45pm
post #2 of 8

OK breathe.......... icon_lol.gif

What's the details?

Mug-a-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mug-a-Bug Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 2:55pm
post #3 of 8

It's 5 teirs stacked; I've never made a cake that big! I'm really nervous about the SPS, first time user there. (Deep breath). I've done all my "homework", but I can't shake the nerves. icon_eek.gif

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 2:56pm
post #4 of 8

BREATHE!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 4:12pm
post #5 of 8

First, you'll be fine. Think of it like this, you've all ready done a stacked cake, this is the EXACT same thing, just bigger, which means more fun! icon_biggrin.gif Second, and you may all ready know this, but I see so many people on here doing this, DON'T CUT THE SPS. Your cake is supposed to measure to the SPS, not the other way around. If you cut it, you lose the guranteed even height and lose some of the support. Good Lick and have fun with it. This is the fun part about cakeing! icon_wink.gif

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 4:40pm
post #6 of 8

You can totally do this.

Are you delivering the cake fully assembled? Reason I ask is depending on the size of the tiers, it can get pretty heavy.

I know if I'm delivering alone, which is most of the time, I wouldn't be able to carry a 5 tier cake into a venue without the chance of causing some sort of damage.

Just treat this project like any other one you've done and you'll be fine.

Good luck!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 5:51pm
post #7 of 8

I'm with Deb, I would take this in sections, maybe stack the bottom two or three tiers then assemble the others on site. I couldn't lift a 5-tiered cake to transport it, so on-site assembly would be the way to go. Fewer worries about it falling over on the way, too.

jillmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillmakescakes Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 5:58pm
post #8 of 8

I would suggest doing a trial run with the SPS first.... never a good idea to do too many new things on a wedding cake.

You probably could do just a 6 inch on top of an 8 inch..drive it to a friend's house and enjoy with some 'ritas to de-stress!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%