Croquembouche??

Business By korkyo Updated 9 Jan 2010 , 4:39am by mommicakes

korkyo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korkyo Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 10:26pm
post #1 of 7

Would you ever consider offering a CROQUEMBOUCHE?

How well do they hold together?

What do you think you would charge for one?

6 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 10:34pm
post #2 of 7

I have done one. They're a bit tricky. You need to have decent sugar skills. If they start falling you need to be able to recover and possibly make more sugar on the fly. You have to work fast.

Yaknow, I dont' think I'd make one again . . .

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 10:57pm
post #3 of 7

I've never made one, never even checked recipes for it. But as a consumer I can say I'll eat one in a heartbeat. yummmmmm

Good luck with it.

RuthWells Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RuthWells Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 10:59pm
post #4 of 7

They are awfully fun to make, but have a very short shelf-life. The cream-filled puffs begin to soften from the cream very quickly. I don't think they'd be a good product for a retail setting; perhaps it would work by special order if you can deliver very close to the serving time.

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 4:44am
post #5 of 7

We do them at Christmas since they look very like a Christmas tree. They cannot be done terrible far in advance. You need to crisp the choux for quite some time, and eat within 10 hrs of preparing. A Piece Montee made of macarons is much more pastry chef friendly.

korkyo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korkyo Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 3:08am
post #6 of 7

Thanks!! That is exactly what I needed to know. I'll have to try one just for myself anyway.

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 4:39am
post #7 of 7

I was asked if I would do one last year and never got to do it. kinda bummed me out. I think that I will do one just for kicks and keep it as a display for a while in my studio window.

I just don't know if I would do it with the spun sugar around it or use chocolate to "glue" it together.

My kids would love it though. icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%