This is way too funny! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 1:31am
post #33 of 56

You guys are crazy!!!

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 2:01am
post #34 of 56

Thanks guys, I needed a good laugh tonight. I laughed so hard I had tears streaming.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 2:28am
post #35 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullHouse

Thanks guys, I needed a good laugh tonight. I laughed so hard I had tears streaming.

Me too, Fullhouse. I can't stop laughing. I want to give a big ol' high-five to the angry photographer. The cake ads are awesome too. I think we may have a few comedians here at CC.

KawaiiCakeCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KawaiiCakeCook Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 2:03am
post #36 of 56

(mod edited)

I'M NOT MAKING THIS UP!!!! I swear on all that is holy, but I read her opening page a little after reading this post and almost wet myself laughing at the similarities!!!!

diane706 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane706 Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 2:42am
post #37 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Jamie_

Oh....ha! I think a pissed off professional probably posted this. Wayyyyyyy too funny!

Exactly what I was thinking... which actually is kinda appropriate if you ask me icon_wink.gif

_Jamie_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_Jamie_ Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 3:01am
post #38 of 56

Multi tiered cakes beginning at $45....oh dear. Oh dear oh dear oh dear. icon_sad.gif

JanJess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanJess Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 3:27am
post #39 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrycaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Hi there! I got a brand new cake pan and a spatula for Christmas,a dn I've only burned two out of three cakes so far. I would like to do your wedding cake for you! I know that I've watched a few tv shows where they were making cakes, and it looks like it's really easy. All it takes is one hour to do a big cake, and I bet they get a lot of money for it. I want to get some of that money, so even though I've never made one before, you should call me to book your wedding cake.

I specialize in all kinds of cakes like:

Wedding
Birthday
Bar Mitzvah
Anniversary
Kindergarten graduation
Slumber Party
bachelor party
cupcakes
bundt cakes
crab cakes
urinal cakes
and christenings!

I have noticed that a lot of people in this area like to eat cake. I myself can eat an entire cake in one sitting. I really like cake. When I have made cake for my kids' birthdays, people say they taste really good. I don't even use expensive ingredients - just store brand stuff - so I can pass the savings on to you. Less cost for me means less cost for you.

I offer a 100% guarantee on all my cakes. They might not turn out and you're out of luck if something goes wrong. I expect full payment before I will make the cake, by the way.

Think about it: Pros charge a lot of money because they have a lot of expenses. I don't.

Pros have:
-special cake pans
-clean kitchens
-special frosting spatulas and decorating equipment
-skills and experience
-patience
-cake boards, plates, pillars, etc.
-clean hands

I have none of this stuff so we'll keep it cheap, just for you!

Why go to one of those "fancy" bakeries like Wal-Mart when I can make one just as good and for some gas money I'll even bring it to you!

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 3:50pm
post #40 of 56

I'm surprised I've never seen (mod edited) cakes on cakewrecks, there are quite a few there. Who cares if the icing is smooth? I mean, really, it tastes the same either way...

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 4:49pm
post #41 of 56

There are so many things that make me laugh so hard at this! The list of of things the pros have and ashe doesn't completely makes the case to go with a pro!
Only cash or personal check because she is not going to claim on her income taxes?? Then why take a check?? I'm confused! But, I don't feel bad, because CLEARLY, she is MORE CONFUSED!!

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 4:56pm
post #42 of 56

I should have read the whole thread to see it was a pissed off pro! But, It *IS* a masterpiece!!

sweet12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet12 Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 6:06pm
post #43 of 56

To me it sounds like a 'joke post'. I know Craigslist is a big hit lately, but i have a hard time even getting ANYthing off of craigslist bc i have heard horror stories about the sales and service of things that ppl obtained thru this site. Its sad because we as business starters/advertisers utilize these sites to either begin or expand our services and when ppl start going thru and making posts like this it ruins the trustworthyness of the general public and they look elsewhere for products and services which in turn puts a damper on helping promote advertising for the 'true' business owners and honest ppl who want to try and earn a little extra money or promote advertising.

The_Lil_Cakehouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Lil_Cakehouse Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 6:37pm
post #44 of 56

This made my day!! icon_smile.gif So funny! And even more funny is that it was a pissed off pro!! Maybe there should be a photowrecks!!

countrycaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycaker Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 7:43pm
post #45 of 56

Hey, I can't believe you guys are making fun of my professional cake site!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Just kidding. Not me. Really. But I love this comment the lady makes: Most of my customers request basic yellow, white, or chocolate cake with buttercream icing, but don't feel limited. Flavored cakes and icings can be created for an additional fee.

You have to pay more for flavor? icon_confused.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 9:21pm
post #46 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrycaker

. But I love this comment the lady makes: Most of my customers request basic yellow, white, or chocolate cake with buttercream icing, but don't feel limited. Flavored cakes and icings can be created for an additional fee.

You have to pay more for flavor? icon_confused.gif

After tasting some of the cakes at the bridal show I was working at today, I'd say that you apparently do have to pay extra for taste. I swear that most of it was straight cake mix, and one person was serving icing that tasted like it was straight from a can. Ask this-mama-rocks, she was bringing me the cake to try so she ate it, too.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 4:13am
post #47 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Pros have:

-people skills

I have none of this stuff so we'll keep it cheap, just for you!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Motta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motta Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 5:37am
post #48 of 56

That ad is so perky and condescending at the same time. I love it!! Yes, only a truly pissed off professional photog could have done it.

I see cake ads like this all the time in my area on Kijiji. How do so many people have licensed home kitchens?? how do so many offer only the finest at a price lower than the "fancy" shops?

p.s. I always wondered if revenue was reported to the tax man and now I know....

summernoelle Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 5:13pm
post #49 of 56

Well, plenty of people do have licensed home kitchens and are law abiding. Not fair to classify people who do things legally and make beautiful cakes with the people on Craigslist who do not.

But then that's a whole new can of worms I am sure NO one wants to open.

costumeczar Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 6:30pm
post #50 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

Well, plenty of people do have licensed home kitchens and are law abiding. Not fair to classify people who do things legally and make beautiful cakes with the people on Craigslist who do not.

I'll open it icon_twisted.gif I doubt that the majority of people who list cakes on Craigslist have licensed home kitchens. Most of them are flying under the radar. There are people in my town who aren't licensed/insured/members of professional groups, but who will tell you straight to your face that they are. Just because someone advertises doesn't mean they're legal. Especially on Craigslist.

summernoelle Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 9:21pm
post #51 of 56
Quote:

*ahem* Read carefully. I said not fair to classify those with legal home kitchens to people who advertise on CL.

thumbs_up.gif

costumeczar Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 9:42pm
post #52 of 56
Quote:

Quote:

*ahem* Read carefully. I said not fair to classify those with legal home kitchens to people who advertise on CL.

thumbs_up.gif

No, I agree with you. I should probably have quoted the previous post you were referring to that seemed to say that everyone on Craigslist was a legl home bakery, when we know they're not.

this-mama-rocks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
this-mama-rocks Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 10:08pm
post #53 of 56

Yes, I'm late to this thread, but I can vouch for costumeczar's comments on the bridal show cake samples. I had a stomach ache most of that afternoon, probably from some icky canned Pillsbury "frosting" / spackle.

YES, I posted on craigslist. Once. DH had this brilliant idea that it would drum up some quality leads, so I humored him. I showed him the "quality leads" and their brilliant questions/"ideas"/expectations/"budgets".

That shut him up quick.

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 10:21pm
post #54 of 56

im sure this was a joke. but i enjoyed the giggle. thanks for sharing.

summernoelle Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 4:02am
post #55 of 56

Oh, gotcha. Misunderstanding. icon_biggrin.gif

Eatsleepbake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eatsleepbake Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 4:39am
post #56 of 56

WOW

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%