Commercial Baking Oven - Need Advice

Business By chas422 Updated 7 Jan 2010 , 3:45am by Mencked

chas422 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chas422 Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 2:58pm
post #1 of 6

Hi,
I've been a home-baker and am now opening up a cupcake bakery and will also be making cakes. I'm in the middle of construction. I'm looking to purchase an Electric Convection Oven, but not sure which brand to go with. I'd like this to be a New oven, not used, since this will essentially be my money-maker.

I have found good deals on Garland/U.S. Range ovens and Bakers Pride. These seem to be the least expensive ovens on the market.

Does anyone have any experience with these ovens? Good or bad? Should I be looking at another brand? Any recommendations/ advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chasity

5 replies
obabassa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
obabassa Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 3:08pm
post #2 of 6

Sorry can't help on this on but I wouldl like to know this too.

chas422 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chas422 Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 3:19pm
post #3 of 6

Yes, it's a big investment and I need a little help. I have scoured the web looking for reviews or consumer reports and cannot find anything on whether or not these are good ovens or not.

tripleD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripleD Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 3:49pm
post #4 of 6

I love my commercial oven. I have a Duke. I purchased it used from E-bay. got a fantastic deal because it was electric most restaurants use gas.
You can bake 100 cup cakes at a time love it.

morgnscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morgnscakes Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 3:31am
post #5 of 6

I'm in the process of getting things together for a commercial spot myself. I have looked into commercial ovens so I know the feeling. (i'm still doing my research). All of the cake designers around here that have given me advise said to look into DeLuxe ovens. They are electric and they say that they are worth it!!! I have gotten their catalog and spoke to someone. They seem to be very good and they were real friendly. and they are located in Florida!!! Worth looking into!!

www.deluxeovens.com

Mencked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mencked Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 3:45am
post #6 of 6

I LOVE my Deluxe oven! I found it on ebay so it is used but cooks perectly....did I mention that I LOVE it!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%