Cake Ball Question

Decorating By Angel_Cake Updated 4 Jan 2010 , 1:45am by 2SchnauzerLady

Angel_Cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angel_Cake Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 12:43am
post #1 of 6

I tried looking for this in the forums but can't find it... when making red velvet cake balls, how do you guys keep the white chocolate from getting all gunky with red cake crumbs? Mine looked like the chocolate had the chicken pox or something...

5 replies
2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 1:14am
post #2 of 6

Freeze the cake balls about 15 to 20 minutes before you dip them. There is a thread on cake balls. I'll try to send you the link.

2SchnauzerLady Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 1:18am
post #3 of 6

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-658476-.html
It's lengthy, but a lot of questions have been answered and debated here, plus lots of yummy recipes! HTH

Angel_Cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angel_Cake Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 1:29am
post #4 of 6

I did freeze them (probably for longer b/c I got interrupted!) They were probably too moist, I think I overdid it on the cream cheese icing, but it was my first time making them icon_smile.gif Oh well, better luck next time!

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 1:36am
post #5 of 6

yes it sounds like you may have used too much cream cheese icing. Try working in smaller batches, to make sure the last ones are as cold as the first ones while dipping icon_smile.gif

2SchnauzerLady Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 1:45am
post #6 of 6

Most of us have made mistakes with cake balls. I made some last month (nutella with choc cake) that looked perfect after I dipped them, I attached the royal icing wreaths I made, and they were cute! However...........made them too moist, and after a few hours, they started collapsing in on themselves - reminded me of a black hole in space! LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%