Does Poured Ganache Need To Be Refrigerated?

Decorating By AngelaM Updated 3 Jan 2010 , 8:31pm by roweeena

AngelaM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelaM Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 3:58pm
post #1 of 8

Today is my first time making ganache. I'm going to dip the top of cupcakes in it. Once it's on the cupcakes, do they need to be refrigerated or can they sit out?

7 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 4:52pm
post #2 of 8

ganache is more sensitive than regular icing. If you're going to eat them in a day or two, they can sit out just fine. Any more than that, and I'd refrigerate them.

I let my regular icing sit out for days and days ... I never referigerate it.

Tried that with some leftover ganache and had to throw the "warm and now all fuzzy" container away! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Learned my lesson on THAT one!

AngelaM Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 5:12pm
post #3 of 8

Thank You! icon_biggrin.gif

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 5:26pm
post #4 of 8

They can sit out. The cupcakes woould mold before he ganache.

Cakeonista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeonista Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 5:27pm
post #5 of 8

I covered a cheesecake the other day and refrigerated it. Took it out a little while before cutting and it was fine. So I guess either way is ok.

AngelaM Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 8:15pm
post #6 of 8

Thank you everybody. I do have one more question. I plan on using the leftover ganache to make truffles. How long will the leftover ganache keep in the refrigerator? And once I make the truffles, can they sit out at room temp since the ganache is sealed inside the chocolate?

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 8:20pm
post #7 of 8

I AM NOT SURE BUT i HAVE A BOWL IN THE CUPBOARD THATS BEEN THEIR FOR 2 MONTHS i FORGOT ABOUT IT, AND IT LOOKS FINE....

roweeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roweeena Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 8:31pm
post #8 of 8

If you were topping cuppies with it i would keep them out a few days but after that your cupcake would be stale anyway.

If you made the ganache in a sterile environment it will last for about two weeks in the fridge, possibly longer depending on your cream. But you need to remember it is still cream so it needs to be treated accordingly.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%