is called to order.

Who's up?
Whatcha workin' on?

Happy New Year!!

21 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 3:37am
post #2 of 22

I delivered 340 cupcakes and a small cake for cutting earlier today. And right now I'm working on a dummy cake for a wedding show on Sunday. This design seemed easier in my head. lol.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 3:43am
post #3 of 22

I'm up. I have 8 b-day cakes due tomorrow and I'm working on #8. It's a 3D cartoonish cow and it is kickin' my butt. I'm about ready to just go on to bed and finish it in the morning. Making MMF right now.

cakesbyk2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyk2 Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 3:50am
post #4 of 22

Happy New Year to all of you!!!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif I'm just a beginner but love what I'm learning from all of you. I made a big quinceneara cake last weekend but nothing pending at this time. Practicing for my niece's quinceneara and my daughter's wedding cakes both in december 2010. This is the main reason I took up caking...... icon_biggrin.gif

ksmith1012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ksmith1012 Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 3:51am
post #5 of 22

8 Bday cakes?! 340 Cupcakes?! Holy cow! I'm up working on my very first wedding cake icon_smile.gif Winter themed with RI snowflakes and lots of glitter icon_smile.gif

leah_s Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 3:59am
post #6 of 22

love your siggy, ksmith1012!!

Margieluvstobake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Margieluvstobake Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 4:06am
post #7 of 22

Working on a Star Trek cake for my Sunday School teacher's 50th birthday for tomorrow night. I am a Trekkie fan myself, and am having a great time making it.

Musings9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Musings9 Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 4:11am
post #8 of 22

Happy New Year, everyone. I finished my daughter's birthday cake today and I'm pleased with it.
LL
LL

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 4:27am
post #9 of 22

Happy New Year!

I have three 12" scratch wasc cakes cooling (my first 12" cakes - I'm moving up icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif ) and i've been searching for side designs for them. I have about 40 RI hibiscus flowers made, and some bananas. It's a tropical themed cake saying "Happy 50th Birthday Anna Banana" Thankfully I was able to convince the client that spelling out 50 in flowers wouldn't work. And that the over the hill cake wasn't a good idea for his conservative wire.

MORSELSBYMARK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MORSELSBYMARK Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 4:34am
post #10 of 22

I am working on a Les Paul Guitar. All of the tiny nuts and bolts are drying after a few coats of silver highlighter. Still haven't decided how to do the guitar strings yet - leaning towards gumpaste through the smallest string attachment on my extruder - so not looking forward to it since it is a cheap syringe type extruder. I told my wife that this is reason enough to spring for the nice 45 dollar model icon_smile.gif

leah_s Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 4:35am
post #11 of 22

Spaghetti can make a nice guitar string, depending on the length you need.

Mencked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mencked Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 4:40am
post #12 of 22

Just got home from delivering a red wedding cake. And delivered sheet cakes with 54 striped red hearts on each (candy cane theme, 55th anniversary cakes). Now it's time to relax. Have to post a pic. of the red wedding cake, but the manager of the venue said, "Wow, interesting cake! I don't think I've ever seen a Rocky Horror Picture Show Wedding Cake before." The caterer and I just kind of looked at each other and grinned.........

MORSELSBYMARK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MORSELSBYMARK Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 4:53am
post #13 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

Spaghetti can make a nice guitar string, depending on the length you need.

Thanks leah_s

I thought of that, but it is about 3 feet long and I got stumped on trying to figure out how to connect the spaghetti together

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 5:04am
post #14 of 22

I'm finishing up the final details for my first big wedding show tomorrow and Sunday. I set up my booth today, and I'm pretty excited for tomorrow. I'm hoping I get a big response and start filling up my summer calendar.

Mencked Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 5:13am
post #15 of 22

I bet you will Ruth--good luck! I need to start on my first bridal show stuff next week--My first show is on Jan. 10. They said to plan for about 300-400 people....

leah_s Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 1:09pm
post #16 of 22

I'm setting up my first bridal show of the year this evening. Our shows around here are one day shows. Next one is Jan 17, and then I have 3 in February. The BEST thing, is that my vendor network organization is producing 3 of the shows, so I'm in three shows for a total cost of $100. Another show is produced by a network organization business for a cost of $35. The other show, I signed up on a "special" and the booth is $300. So, for a total of $435, I'm in 5 shows. Can't beat that!

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 2:12pm
post #17 of 22

I was about to sign up for a show, but then got scheduled for a state tax seminar that same day. icon_sad.gif I'd rather do the show. It would have been my 1st.

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 7:50pm
post #18 of 22

no cakes for me, im not taking any orders for the next couple of weeks as im trying to get everything sorted out for my shop opening! so much to do so little time....... tonight i managed to get a final FINAL FINAL list of everything i need (only to go to bed and remember i needed a first aid kit too !!) and now im working on my cupcake and muffin menus icon_smile.gif

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 1:31am
post #19 of 22

Leah, that's a tremendous price for wedding shows! I wish mine were that cheap. Mine is Sat. and Sun., but my booth cost me $700. There's one the following week for the same price, but I can only afford to doone. I may do a smaller one in February for about $150.

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 3:37am
post #20 of 22

Working on bees for a hunny pot cake due for next weekend...hoping that the MMF bees will dry in this rainy weather. Everyone sounds SO busy!

Mencked Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 1:35pm
post #21 of 22

Wow! Our bridal show cost $35 for one table and an additional $5 for another table! Of course, we are in the middle of very rural Oklahoma where $2/serving is considered kind of pricey for wedding cakes icon_smile.gif! Location, Location, Location!!

lyndim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lyndim Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 7:14pm
post #22 of 22

Happy New Years all! I'll be starting my sons birthday cake. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%