List Or Spreadsheet For Supplies/equipment

Decorating By makenice99 Updated 30 Dec 2009 , 12:00am by makenice99

makenice99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
makenice99 Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 9:55pm
post #1 of 4

Happy Holidays everyone. So my New Year goal is to be more organize and take my cakes to the next level. I am focus and starting today. This after I have found I have 2 or 3 of the same items. So I am making a list and checking it twice. But I was wondering does anyone have a checklist / Spreadsheet for cake decorating supplies & equipment they are willing to share?

Thanks and Happy New Year to all.

3 replies
DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 10:12pm
post #2 of 4

No, i don't, but when you develop yours, please share...LOL. It might become a big hit like Cake Boss and you can start charging for it....LOL You never know.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 10:42pm
post #3 of 4

For some things, it's a GOOD thing to have multiples. icon_biggrin.gif Some days, my problem isn't knowing that I HAVE it .... but knowing where to FIND it!

One thing I always stressed to any helpers in my kitchen is to make sure everything is put away where *I* expect it to be. When I'm working alone, nothing ticks me off more than to spend valuable minutes searching for something that isnt' where I expect it to be. I tried to help the process by labeling drawers properly and always putting things in the same place (p.sugar is always in the box on the 3rd shelf on the left; eggs are always in the refrigerator on the left side, bottom shelf; butter is always on the left side of the 'frig, 2nd shelf up; spatula's are always in the blue drawer labeled "spatulas and large spoons").

A list of equipment could differ by each shop. I dont' use hardly any fondant tools, yet another person/shop could require every fondant tool on the market.

makenice99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
makenice99 Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 12:00am
post #4 of 4

LOL...to funny.

Dee: I will sure post what I come up with. I am a shopaholic but I don't know why I have 3 cake combs triagle things. I just feel like a child in the candy store when I go to the big cake store in the city. Everything looks so shinny and new. Only to go home to find I have one in the draw from the last time sill in orginal wrapping never used.

Indydebi: I always want things put back to... and I never do. I can keep it neat and clean while I bake but when I get done decorating a cake it looks like a war zone. That another thing I am going to work on. Planning a head.

Set out all my needed colors and equipment prior to starting so I can maintain the kitchen after decorating not looking at the table and thinking... " Did I do that ?"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%