Mini Piping Cones?

Decorating By CiNoRi Updated 31 Dec 2009 , 4:06am by ninatat

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 6:13pm
post #1 of 7

This is a prolly a silly question...

I have seen decorators use mini piping cones/bags, they are small enough to be held in the palm of your hand. And are held almost as if holding a pencil.

How do you make them? or What are they formally called/where can I by them.

Thanks a bunch!

6 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 6:25pm
post #2 of 7

You can cut them from parchment triangles. Just cut them in 1/2 and if you want even smaller cut in 1/2 again. Fold as you would a large one and have at it.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 6:33pm
post #3 of 7

Some craft/supply stores carry those plastic cones that some use for cocoa cones...they're like maybe 5" inches from tip to end...maybe 5"....get maybe a tablespoon or two in 'em...a vinyl band to secure the backend of it and a tip can be placed inside if desired or just snipped and ready.

crumbcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbcake Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 6:37pm
post #4 of 7

I think you are thinking of a parchment triangle. You can buy them at Michaels or Wal-Mart, or you can make it yourself. Cut parchment paper into a triangle, Label each corner A,B,C. Place the triangle on flat surface with point B facing you. Curl oint A up and under, bringifnt it toward you until points A and B meet. The curled edge from point A should lie on top of the edge between C and B. Hold points A and B together with your left hand, picking up point C with your right hand. Wrap point C around to meet points A and B in back All 3 points align to form 1 sharp point, which forms the bag's cone. Hold the bag with both hands, thumps inside and slid points A and C in opposite directions to make the upside down "W". Fold the points of the bag down into the bag. Tear 2 notches along folded edge and fold notch down. You could use a decorating tip if you like. I hope this helps, I think if you buy the trangles, there are directions on the packages.

Tammies_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tammies_Cakes Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 6:53pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiNoRi

This is a prolly a silly question...

I have seen decorators use mini piping cones/bags, they are small enough to be held in the palm of your hand. And are held almost as if holding a pencil.

How do you make them? or What are they formally called/where can I by them.

Thanks a bunch!

This shows how to make themhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45X8FnXBhPw

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 6:54pm
post #6 of 7

Awesome thanks guys... yeah i was thinking as much... but was not 100% sure.
Thanks again!!

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 4:06am
post #7 of 7

i also do henna do you know how to roll a parchment cone, it can be tricky but when you finally get it you go da, you can go to u-tube and put in rolling a henna cone it's best to have the paper in your hand when watching, let me know and i'll try and explain it to you pm me oh double da i just read the last post lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%