How Do I Handle This? Groomzilla?

Business By Tellis12 Updated 4 Jan 2010 , 1:55am by JustToEatCake

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 1:55am
post #31 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellis12

I think that if they call me I'm going to decline this one. The issue wasn't so much that the design was out of my skill set but that he wanted something that just didn't make sense. I'll try to explain what he said.

When we were talking about the space between each cupcake tier (before the cupcakes were actually on the stand, so approx. 4") I said that the cupcakes would be about 3" tall giving about 1" between the tops of the cupcakes and the bottom of the tier above, he kept saying "what are you going to fill that space with?" meaning that inch in between. I tried to explain that if we put something in there it would squish the tops of the cupcakes to which he responded, "no, listen to what I'm saying." I think he wanted some kind of icing border UNDER the bottom of each cupcake tier, to fill up the 1" space. It just seemed like he'd be very frustrating to work with. He also wanted to know exactly how many cupcakes would be on the bottom tier of the tower.

ETA: He also kept saying he wanted to the thing above the cuppies to "seal" them.

I'm not a pro but from a non pro I think he wanted the cc tree to look like a CAKE without tiers. I'm assuming that what he wanted was something like shorter but wider levels on the cc stand so that the top of each cc overlapped slightly the rim on the level above it. Each CC would have to sit to the edge of it's level because it won't fit UNDER the next top level. Not sure if that makes sense.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%