Cake Stuck To Sides...now What?

Decorating By CAKEahuna Updated 29 Dec 2009 , 1:42am by leah_s

CAKEahuna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CAKEahuna Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 1:15am
post #1 of 3

The first time I bake a 12in, round and I forget to spray the sides! icon_surprised.gif Hello! Im a dork.
Anyways, now my cake is broken around the edges (which I could fix with BC) and cracked in the center (the crack goes around the center of the cake like a smaller circle) Is this going to cause me problems in the long run?
I have it in the freezer now but I am afraid that once I get th cak filled and crumb coated it will settle and break apart. Any experience with this sort of thing?

2 replies
cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 1:27am
post #2 of 3

I have had the same thing happen and I found working with a frozen cake is the best. I put BC in the crack and "glued" the broken pieces with BC. Then I put extra BC on the sides to cover the mess. Then covered in fondant. You'd never know. Just make sure you roll your fondant quite thick. I found using store-bought, as opposed to home-made MMF better in this case. Good luck!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 1:42am
post #3 of 3

Yeah it happens. That's why bc was invented. And next time, run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen the cake. I'll bet it will be fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%