Anyone Else Snowed In For Christmas?

Lounge By littlecake Updated 28 Dec 2009 , 3:52am by Jeep_girl816

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 25 Dec 2009 , 4:17am
post #1 of 15

i was gonna go to my son's house in tulsa...can't go....so it's just me and the pugs this year

14 replies
sewsweet2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsweet2 Posted 25 Dec 2009 , 5:07am
post #2 of 15

I'm snowed in but only after my mom and dad, 2 brothers, sister, 3 nieces, and two nephews arrived from out of town. I sent brothers and sister to my uncle's house across town (1 whole mile) to spend the night and I have the rest along with my DH, DD, and DS for the night. We've got plenty of recliners and beds. Doesn't sound like anyone will be going anywhere for awhile. Winter blizzard conditions until 6 pm. Christmas day. Glad I've got a freezer full of food to feed the masses. icon_smile.gif

Nope, I'm not dreaming of a white Christmas. I've got it.

ApplegumKitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumKitchen Posted 25 Dec 2009 , 11:18am
post #3 of 15

Not here in Australia icon_biggrin.gif the end of a fantastic Xmas Day ... not too hot! about 30degrees Celcius Raining now which is FANTASTIC NEWS for those of us on tank water!

Hope you all have a great day!

Would love to wake to a foot of snow on Xmas morning!

suz3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suz3 Posted 25 Dec 2009 , 2:18pm
post #4 of 15

I just came in from digging a path for my 13 year old rat terrier to go out and poo. Did he use the path? Of course not. he managed to get out to the back of the yard okay but got stuck half of the way back. So I put down the shovel and trudged out there (with my trash bags on my legs for boots). I picked him out of the snow and carried him back into the house. I had my granddaughters over yesterday to make cookies. I took them back right before the blizzard started. I never thought I'd be in a blizzard in Tulsa, OK. It was just like Little House On The Prairie. I thought about tying myself with rope when I went out to the barn-oh yeah, we don't have a barn. Anyway, it was bad. I still have some PTSD from the 2007 ice storm. The wind and noises gave me the shivers.
Merry Christmas wishes from a white Tulsa OK from me and my furry son Bailey

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 25 Dec 2009 , 2:21pm
post #5 of 15

No snow here, just a dreary cold rainy day.

It will be up to us to make it cheery and festive inside the house, and that's not too hard to do with grandkids!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 25 Dec 2009 , 3:06pm
post #6 of 15

Not any new snow, but there's still snow on the ground from last weekend.

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 25 Dec 2009 , 4:54pm
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by suz3

I just came in from digging a path for my 13 year old rat terrier to go out and poo. Did he use the path? Of course not. he managed to get out to the back of the yard okay but got stuck half of the way back. So I put down the shovel and trudged out there (with my trash bags on my legs for boots). I picked him out of the snow and carried him back into the house. I had my granddaughters over yesterday to make cookies. I took them back right before the blizzard started. I never thought I'd be in a blizzard in Tulsa, OK. It was just like Little House On The Prairie. I thought about tying myself with rope when I went out to the barn-oh yeah, we don't have a barn. Anyway, it was bad. I still have some PTSD from the 2007 ice storm. The wind and noises gave me the shivers.
Merry Christmas wishes from a white Tulsa OK from me and my furry son Bailey

took the pug princesses out...no one peed or pooed....mom just froze waiting.... i'm 50 miles south of tulsa...my son got stranded picking his wife up from work there, they had to spend the night in a hotel....i don't think this white christmas stuff is all it's cracked up to be.

suz3 Posted 25 Dec 2009 , 5:20pm
post #8 of 15

I agree. I'm more of a snow and go kinda girl. I love the look of snow cdoming down but I really like it when the ground is warm and it melts immediately. My family isn't celebrating Christmas until Sunday (other family obligations) so maybe we'll be dug out by then. At least the lights stayed on. I am so grateful for that. It's the best Christmas present I could get.

MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 25 Dec 2009 , 6:20pm
post #9 of 15

24 inches and still coming down
*sigh*
I'm bored

suz3 Posted 25 Dec 2009 , 6:22pm
post #10 of 15

Oh wow, where are you? I can't even imagine that much snow. I keep thinking of things I want to do while snowed in but they all include baking and there is no way out to give it to someone and I don't need or want it.

Sox-n-Pats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sox-n-Pats Posted 25 Dec 2009 , 10:08pm
post #11 of 15

not yet, but we're about to get a whole bunch it looks like. We left Denver a few days ago ahead of the snow they got there. My brother is leaving Cheyenne right now and it's snowing there so hopefully he's ahead of it. My sisters family is leaving Vegas for Denver in about an hour, so hopefully they land and get out of denver ahead of it.

We want us all to be here at our cabin before the snow hits here. We have sleds, snow shoes and tons of winter clothes to have a blast with. And a snow plow so we can get out if needed. icon_smile.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 25 Dec 2009 , 10:17pm
post #12 of 15

Snow on the mountains and hills, but nothing here so far.

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 1:48am
post #13 of 15

If we take the truck or suburban we aren't quite snowed in but I'm sure the car wouldn't make it out of the driveway. icon_lol.gif The wind didn't really pick up until late last night, it had started snowing Wednesday but it wasn't bad until the wind started making drifts. It's supposed to last until about 6pm tomorrow.

We went to the in-law's this morning for a couple hours but didn't go to see my husband's grandma, his parents live less than two miles away and it's sheltered by trees and hills but we would never have made it further. We didn't stay out long because the kids wanted to go home and play with their stuff and we didn't want the roads to get worse.

We are lucky enough to live in a hilly, wooded area of North Dakota, blizzards are never quite as bad here as they are once you get out of the hills because there are things to stop the wind.

mightydragon663 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mightydragon663 Posted 27 Dec 2009 , 9:56pm
post #14 of 15

LOL, We had gone to see my family in Claremore, 20 miles NE of Tulsa. Needless to say, we spent a little more time there than we had planned. Never, in all the years I lived in Claremore, have I seen a blizzard there, until now. It was a hoot!

Jeep_girl816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeep_girl816 Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 3:52am
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by MnSnow

24 inches and still coming down
*sigh*
I'm bored

OMG!!! My area goes into a complete panic if there's more than 3 inches. They cancel school, People stay home, cancel all appointments, complete ghost town. I'm in the Pacific North West, btw, E WA to be specific. We get snow but not much, it's mostly cold (single digits and teens) and freezing rain, can't even(not sure I'd want to) imagine that much snow!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%