Giggle For The Day..

Decorating By snarkybaker Updated 4 Jan 2010 , 7:09am by sarahnash_14

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 3:05pm
post #91 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkolmar

There was also a guy named Dusty Wall.

My parents had a friend named Dusty Rhodes. One of my high school math teachers was a Mr. Baeder and everyone thought it was funny to refer to him as "Master" Baeder. Kids! LOL!

sleeper713 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sleeper713 Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 3:25pm
post #92 of 144

Saw an employeee at Universal Studios whose nametag read "Satan." Engraved, not like he'd just make it up and wear it for fun. I sure hope it's pronounced suh-TAHN, or something.

Also had a gastroenterologist in town named Dr. Butts.

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 3:33pm
post #93 of 144

Okay...now somebody is just messing with me. My catering manager just had a wedding consultation for the Dinkle-Woody wedding...really what are the odds in one week?

diane706 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane706 Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 6:49pm
post #94 of 144

Dinkle-Weiner, Dinkle-Woody... I suppose Dinkle-WeeWee is next?! This thread is just too funny! icon_lol.gif

enchantedcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enchantedcreations Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 6:58pm
post #95 of 144

My grandparents were friends with Oma and Harry Leggs......

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 7:22pm
post #96 of 144

totally forgot, I went to school with 2 guys (was kinda friends with both too, which is why I can't believe I forgot)..

One guy's name was Richard Simmons
The other was Charlie Brown......we called the one guy rich...but Charlie Brown, was Charlie Brown lol

Also, when I was a teenager I worked at McDonald's (who didn't right?) and I worked with a guy named Denim, his brother's name was Levi, no kidding...and their uncle's name?? Eugene! lol

FullMoonRanch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullMoonRanch Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 2:31am
post #97 of 144

I once worked with a girl named Toy. When I worked as a cashier at the grocery store a guy paid by check and his name was Heinz Beer.

Cake_Mooma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Mooma Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 8:39am
post #98 of 144

Oh I forgot two of them.

I went to school with a girl named Angel Starr
and at my sisters wedding she had a guest/couple Mr. and Mrs. Fucks...pronounced fyou-ks. I thought she was playing a joke on my to see if I was paying attention.

JaeRodriguez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaeRodriguez Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 9:49pm
post #99 of 144

I have known two men named Dusty Rhodes, and the Dean at my college (Dean Blewitt) named his son Justin Cayce Blewitt.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 7:29pm
post #100 of 144

I also knew a kid named Charlie Brown. And we all called him Charlie Brown. Not Charlie, but Charlie Brown. Mom said she never thought about the impact ... she named him after her grandfather, who was named Charles.

Sis had a girl in her class named Candy Fudge.

Friend worked in a factory where there was a supv named Dick Suckey. Said the girl in the office always broke up laughing when she had to page him. (I'm sure mom didn't factor this in when she named him "richard").

Co-Worker was named Ray Peck. Said in the military, it was terrible because they were called out by last name, first initial. (Go ahead ... say it. You'll crack up!) He said, "For 2 years I really hated my mother's choice of my name!"

Hubby worked as a collector in a bank once. worked with a collector, who was what they called a Skip-Tracer. His name was Skip Free.

And the old joke about if (country singer) Kitty Wells and married (country singer) Conway Twitty, her name would have been Kitty Twitty.

hunzz71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hunzz71 Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 8:56pm
post #101 of 144

My husband's name is Henry Ford and he has a client named Dr. Toothacher and he is a dentist icon_smile.gif

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 9:10pm
post #102 of 144

When I first moved to Texas, I joined the MOMS Club. One of the members, last name, Kilgore, named her sons Houston and Austin. All cities in Texas - including Kilgore!

An employee's nametag at my local Sams Club reads Chee-wa-wa. Oy...

MamaMia7609 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaMia7609 Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 9:47pm
post #103 of 144

Our dentist name is Dr. Payne

shannon0407 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannon0407 Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 9:59pm
post #104 of 144

A girl I worked with in the military was named Sandra Beach, and we called her Sandy.

this-mama-rocks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
this-mama-rocks Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 10:02pm
post #105 of 144

My mom FINALLY goes into labor with me....and Dr. Stinkyfinger is on duty that night. So, she sits and prays for me to wait until his shift was over, so that his awful name wouldn't be on the birth certificate. I waited!

Knew a girl named Inita, pronounced with a long "I", after her great-grandma - beautiful, right? Nope. Inita Dick. I am not kidding.

HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 10:30pm
post #106 of 144

I have an older Scottish gentleman neighbor (complete with accent) whose name is Ronald McDonald.

indydebi Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 11:03pm
post #107 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by this-mama-rocks

Knew a girl named Inita, pronounced with a long "I", after her great-grandma - beautiful, right? Nope. Inita Dick. I am not kidding.

You know, this is where you just want to beat the parents! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Do they even THINK about this stuff for their kid? icon_confused.gificon_lol.gif

One of my peeves about names is funny spellings (uh, said the lady who spells her first name in a non-traditional spelling! icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif But to be fair ... *I* chose that spelling as a teenager - it wasn't hoisted onto me).

Anyway .... why would you saddle your child with a name spelling that you KNOW will force them to have to spell out their name for everyone for the rest of their life. Every. Single. Time. Plus they can never buy the cool license plates for their tricycle because they make them with a name spelled "AMY" and not "AIYMEE"; you can't buy them cool coffee mugs as a souvenier; they never get anything personalized. And they dont' care because they are too busy spelling their name out for everyone because NO ONE ever spells it right! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

FullMoonRanch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullMoonRanch Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 11:22pm
post #108 of 144

My oldest daughter is named Marie. I drives me crazy that the personalized things always have Maria but rarely Marie.

Just remembered another old co-worker. If your last name is Ennis, please don't give your kid a middle name that begins with P!

ohayr639 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ohayr639 Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 11:53pm
post #109 of 144

I teach and we had a girl named Princess Leia (her teacher refused to call her that though).

My friend works with new families and she had Female (said Fe-mall-ay) and then Absidy (spelled Abcde).

Sagebrush Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sagebrush Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 11:54pm
post #110 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake_Mooma

at my sisters wedding she had a guest/couple Mr. and Mrs. ...pronounced fyou-ks. I thought she was playing a joke on my to see if I was paying attention.

There was a family where I grew up with the last name of Fucher (FYOO-KER), but every single time they had a new teacher or met someone new, they had to correct them. Seriously... there are names that I just would change. There's no way I'd go around with them for the rest of my life.

- Leisel

Sagebrush Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 12:10am
post #111 of 144

My paternal grandparents are Leo and Leola. I always thought that was so cool that they ended up together because it's just fits so perfectly.

When my parents got me (I was adopted), they picked my name because it goes with so many family names... Leo, Leola, Loren, Loralee. They got it from a little girl in their church congregation at the time, but I think my mom was probably influenced by her favorite movie "The Sound of Music".

It IS hard for people, though... Leisel is a German name, but the spelling is not German, so, neither Americans or Germans end up pronouncing it right. When people see it, they think Leslie, and when they hear it, they think Lisa. In fact, I had a job in college doing marketing research (I HATED that job), and I just gave up trying to say my name and called myself Lisa. Then one evening after I got back to my apartment after work, my mom called and I answered the phone saying "This is Lisa". She didn't like that at all.

Now, when I introduce myself, I end up telling the ladies "like in The Sound of Music" and the men "like diesel fuel".

To complicate things even more, my maiden name is Nielsen. L-E-I... N-I-E... nobody outside the family could ever spell it right.

- Leisel

indydebi Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 12:12am
post #112 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagebrush

When people see it, they think Leslie, and when they hear it, they think Lisa.

My youngest is "Elise". I kept having to correct the pediatrician's office that it's Elise not ELSIE .... "She's not a cow."

Tiffany29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany29 Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 12:19am
post #113 of 144

My sister's name is Laken. She got teased alot in school, They called her laken bacon.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 12:36am
post #114 of 144

One of my best friends from high school is named Tucker. Guess what he got called all the time. At least he was a well-liked guy, or it would have been a lot worse for him!

zdebssweetsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zdebssweetsj Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 12:42am
post #115 of 144

Years ago my son kindergartner teachers married name was Mary Christmas.

Sagebrush Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 1:09am
post #116 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany29

My sister's name is Laken. She got teased alot in school, They called her laken bacon.

Ah, yes... kids. My "favorite" was Leisel, Diesel, the big, fat weasel.

Luckily, I was about as big around as a bean pole at the time. The fat part might have hurt more otherwise.

- Leisel

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 1:15am
post #117 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by this-mama-rocks

You know, this is where you just want to beat the parents! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Do they even THINK about this stuff for their kid? icon_confused.gificon_lol.gif

One of my peeves about names is funny spellings (uh, said the lady who spells her first name in a non-traditional spelling! icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif But to be fair ... *I* chose that spelling as a teenager - it wasn't hoisted onto me).

Anyway .... why would you saddle your child with a name spelling that you KNOW will force them to have to spell out their name for everyone for the rest of their life. Every. Single. Time. Plus they can never buy the cool license plates for their tricycle because they make them with a name spelled "AMY" and not "AIYMEE"; you can't buy them cool coffee mugs as a souvenier; they never get anything personalized. And they dont' care because they are too busy spelling their name out for everyone because NO ONE ever spells it right! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Amen, sista.

And if you haven't wasted enough time on the internet, here's a site I've had bookmarked for years. Be prepared to lose a couple of hours. icon_smile.gif

http://www.notwithoutmyhandbag.com/babynames/index.html

Tiffany29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany29 Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 1:23am
post #118 of 144

Leisel- That is so mean!
My sister's feelings were really hurt by it. I guess it was one boy who constantly picked on her. So one day my brother caught him at the bus stop and put a stop to it. icon_wink.gif

dorie67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dorie67 Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 2:10am
post #119 of 144

I work with a girl whose married name is Dookie.

Sagebrush Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 2:24am
post #120 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany29

Leisel- That is so mean!
My sister's feelings were really hurt by it. I guess it was one boy who constantly picked on her. So one day my brother caught him at the bus stop and put a stop to it. icon_wink.gif

I think I was only called that once... in HIGH school. The same guy may have used Leisel, Diesel once or twice afterwards, but it didn't stick... who knows, maybe he was trying to flirt.

I had a harder time in junior high when I'd gotten a shirt I really liked... it was white with yellow and black paisleys on it, and this one kid started calling it my sperm shirt. I couldn't wear it after that.

- Leisel

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%