Anyone Having These Problems With Vistaprint?

Business By MissCakeCrazy Updated 25 Dec 2009 , 2:01am by chelleb1974

MissCakeCrazy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCakeCrazy Posted 23 Dec 2009 , 8:20pm
post #1 of 6

I have a Vistaprint site which enables me to have an unlimited number of pages. The menu is on the right hand side and I have about 6 pages. The problem is that I can't enlarge the font, its set at a certain size and the only way it can get bigger is if I delete a page or shorten the name of a page, for example, Ordering and Delivery was changed to 'order and delivery'.

I also want to set up a 'Links' page but obviously, it will make the rest of the writing even smaller. Anyone any suggestions? Also, if I don't set up a links page, where can I appropriately create a link. A number of wedding websites allow you to add your listing in turn if you create a link on your site. So far, I have been clicking on random words or pictures on the intro page to put a link. How can I do this in a more professional way?

5 replies
cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 23 Dec 2009 , 8:52pm
post #2 of 6

Yes don't use Vistaprint, use Yahoo Sitebuilder and have Yahoo host your site icon_smile.gif

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 23 Dec 2009 , 9:07pm
post #3 of 6

I use Netfirms. i have the very cheap site, but you can upgrade so there is no advertising.
HTH

MissCakeCrazy Posted 24 Dec 2009 , 11:14am
post #4 of 6

Cakesdivine, can you use google adsense with yahoo? Also, can I carry my Vistapring site into that host?

MissCakeCrazy Posted 24 Dec 2009 , 1:48pm
post #5 of 6

I have gotten so used to Vistaprint that I am too scared to switch onto another site just in case I ruin the entire set up of the website. Do you have to unsubscribe from one host before you go onto another one or can you download your website with the new one first making sure that its all done correctly? Also, I have been on Yahoo's eite and it says that you can't edit it in the future if you download your own site. Does anyone know of any easy to follow hosts that is compatible with google adsense?

chelleb1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 25 Dec 2009 , 2:01am
post #6 of 6

I also use Yahoo Sitebuilder, yahoo hosts my site, and I love it!

If you only have 6 pages so far, it shouldn't take you too long to recreate it in Yahoo Sitebuilder. You could sign up for Yahoo hosting, download Sitebuilder, recreate your site (using the old one as a guide/reference point), then unsubscribe to your old host and delete the site from there, I think.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%