Decorating By littlecake Updated 23 Jun 2010 , 5:46am by MessMaker

The_Lil_Cakehouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Lil_Cakehouse Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 9:19pm
post #31 of 45

Great info!!

DDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DDiva Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 9:39pm
post #32 of 45

This is too funny!! I just made a mold of a diamond last week using Dominic's product!! And then, the customer cancelled the order!!!! But I'm still going to make my diamond. Found loose large diamonds at Hobby Lobby and couldn't wait to make a mold.

For those of you who haven't met Dominic at ICES conventions and trade shows; no one could be nicer and more helpful. If you follow his instructions you will have success.....and truly become a mold fanatic!!

MYOM-Dominic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MYOM-Dominic Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 9:51pm
post #33 of 45

Thanks DDiva - You make the effort all worth it!

Dominic icon_smile.gif

kkitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kkitchen Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 10:16pm
post #34 of 45

Dominic you are just simply amazing - be BLESSED!
You are a wonderful addition to CC. I say this for me and I am sure for a lot of other members.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 10:20pm
post #35 of 45

hey dominic.. i have always praised your knowledge. i am one of your fans at convention.. will be in there this year also.. can,t wait.. i also love to share with others..

MYOM-Dominic Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 10:30pm
post #36 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkitchen

Dominic you are just simply amazing - be BLESSED!
You are a wonderful addition to CC. I say this for me and I am sure for a lot of other members.

Thank You, kkitchen - I am really glad to be here and when I look through the galleries and read about all the joy you all bring to people with your edible art - well, I think you are amazing too.

MYOM-Dominic Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 10:50pm
post #37 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by icer101

hey dominic.. i have always praised your knowledge. i am one of your fans at convention.. will be in there this year also.. can,t wait.. i also love to share with others..

I hope you stop by at convention - and when you do, I hope you use your CC name - looking forward to seeing the face behind ICER101

Dominic icon_smile.gif

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 7:26pm
post #38 of 45

hey dominic.. just got back to this thread... just watched another amazing tutorial on your site of the sugar bottles.. WOW! is all i can say.. seen many on this site.. you have shown it so easy.. and so much safer ... i get together as i have said.. with a couple of sugar friends. and we made your lace molds couple months ago. and different other things.. NOW .. we can make these sugar bottle.. when we get together again.. they bought your products also at the convention.. i usually sat in your demos.. we share what we learn from there.. thank you again. it is so nice of you to share...

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 7:33pm
post #39 of 45

I'll just jump in with my question -- I want to make a mold of a roman column, but I cannot find one to make a mold from! I'd like it 3.5 to 4 inches tall. Any ideas?

MYOM-Dominic Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 10:11pm
post #40 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by icer101

hey dominic.. just got back to this thread... just watched another amazing tutorial on your site of the sugar bottles.. WOW! is all i can say.. seen many on this site.. you have shown it so easy.. and so much safer ... i get together as i have said.. with a couple of sugar friends. and we made your lace molds couple months ago. and different other things.. NOW .. we can make these sugar bottle.. when we get together again.. they bought your products also at the convention.. i usually sat in your demos.. we share what we learn from there.. thank you again. it is so nice of you to share...

Icer101 - Thanks for the feedback. I think making the bottle mold as a group is a great idea. I tried to make the video so that you could use it as a tutorial while you make the mold. If you follow along with the video step by step and stop and start the video as you are making it, I can't see how you can fail. I think you should also try breaking the sugar bottle on each others head! At the Art of the Cake Show, I invited Collette Peters to do the very same thing and without hesitation, she broke it over MY HEAD. Very Funny!

Dominic icon_smile.gif

MYOM-Dominic Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 10:32pm
post #41 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

I'll just jump in with my question -- I want to make a mold of a roman column, but I cannot find one to make a mold from! I'd like it 3.5 to 4 inches tall. Any ideas?

bobwonderbuns - I saw some great columns from Cal-Java at the last ICES convention. They seemed to be exactly the size you are looking for.

Go To: www.caljavaonline.com/

Hope This Helps,
Dominic icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 12:46am
post #42 of 45

Thanks Dominic! They do have a great selection, but the sizes are too big (smallest being 7 inches.) I'll keep looking. Thanks for the heads up though! icon_biggrin.gif

Enchantin-Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Enchantin-Cakes Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 4:04pm
post #43 of 45

Dear Dominic, I'm new to the forum and just recently learn about myom and...i'm crazy about it! I want to know everything!! Don't know if i'm making ICES this year but if i do, be sure you're the first i'll look out for. But in case i don't, i just e-mailed you a while ago. Look forward to your reply.

MYOM-Dominic Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 8:21pm
post #44 of 45

Hi E...Cakes - I did get your email and sent a reply. I hope you can make the ICES convention - it will be nice meeting you in person.

Dominic icon_smile.gif

MessMaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MessMaker Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 5:46am
post #45 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthi

OMG - its like deja vu hearing that....whenever I stare off into space or "space out" my kids or husband automatically say, "she thinking about a cake again!" icon_smile.gif I can't help myself....and to think I spread the disease to my sister LOL......

OMG!!!! you do that too....i thought i was the only one.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%