Stubborn Buttercream

Decorating By nadia0411 Updated 16 Dec 2009 , 8:23am by nadia0411

nadia0411 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nadia0411 Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 6:45am
post #1 of 3

Hi,

What a great forum this is. This is my first post as the questions i had were already discussed.

I recently made a cake in Pakistan, karachi where generally weather is hot and humid. In december however its less humid and cooler. A warm tshirt at night will do.

The problem is that when i was filling and crumb coating with my butter cream, it was not adhering/sticking/spreading onto cake, rather it was sticking to the spatula. It was really difficult to simply spread the icing onto cake and i had to use another spatula.

I also tried dipping my spatula in warm water and wiping it, and also dipping it in icing sugar but no use. anyone expereinced something like this? is it weather or buttercream consistency?

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Nadia

2 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nadia0411 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nadia0411 Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 8:23am
post #3 of 3

thanks Jan,
it never happens to where i reside, Riyadh, KSA. Thats why i was wondering. i have to make a cake next week and will take into account all these guides. Thanks again
One more question: Can we use anything as glycerine substitute? i make fondant at home but without glycerine , it turns out ok but sometimes its cracking. Is that because of the missing ingredient? Its not available where i live.
TIA

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%