Baking Demos, 1 Hr Each...what Do I Do???

Business By SomethingSweetbyJ Updated 8 Dec 2009 , 4:29pm by cakesdivine

SomethingSweetbyJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SomethingSweetbyJ Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 3:02pm
post #1 of 6

I have events booked for this weekend (yikes) that are for a women's christian event and a winery. Both have a holiday theme. I want to give a baking demo at each that is simple, quick, but still interesting and will demonstrate either a unusual flavor or a cool baking techinque. I would like to do something a little more interesting than a brownie or sugar cookie, but I want it also to be accesible to the home baker. What do you recommend? Do you have any tips from the past demos you have done?

Thanks!

5 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 3:17pm
post #2 of 6

I was asked to do a demo a few years ago for Valentine's day for an Woman's organzation. I wanted something that was something they could do at home with out having to go out and purchase a bunch of different tools. What I settled on was a chocolate cake covered in ganache. I explained baking the cake, and icing it. Then I explained how to make the ganache and showed them how to pour it on the cake. I made the ganache the night before and re-heated it using a chocolate melting pot. I'm not sure if you can get some good strawberries this time of year, but you could also dip those in ganache for a pretty and yummy 'decoration' for the cake.

If you want to go with holiday treats, what about showing truffles or all the other yummy things you can dip in chocolate. Such as pretzels, marshmallows, oreos, plus making pepperment bark and chocolate covered popcorn.

SomethingSweetbyJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SomethingSweetbyJ Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 3:21pm
post #3 of 6

That might be perfect! My demo could be about chocolate/ganache, how verstile they are, and how easy they are! I love it. I am going to start my recipes for it right now. Thank you!!!

adamsgama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adamsgama Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 3:36pm
post #4 of 6

TexasSugar, what a good answer. You could have so much fun with this showing how to make small Christmas gifts. You could show how to make Bark with the Chocolate, pretzels dipped in white or dark chocolate, and candy sprinkles. Pretzel rods coated in chocolate and peanuts. Can I come down and help you? I love to do that kind of thing

Adamsgama

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 3:38pm
post #5 of 6

Glad I could help. icon_smile.gif

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 4:29pm
post #6 of 6

I have done cake ball demos, gingerbread house demos, and icing technique and fondant project demos.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%