Have You Had People Ask For Pictures Of The "process&qu

Business By mariahbakes Updated 14 Dec 2009 , 4:58pm by CakeWhizz

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 6:01pm
post #31 of 47

WOW!!! some of these brides are insane. lol
DH and my family laugh about how calm I was in planning our wedding. I had to change our wedding date because I found out that someone else would be using the same reception hall as me- they only had 3 rooms and that was the only one that would fit my guests. So I moved it up one week- reception hall paid for my already printed invites and the new ones and that was it. When we went to confirm the new date one of the girls let it slip oiut that the other bride had called and harassed the staff because of the mistake. Maniacs!!!

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 6:45pm
post #32 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by emrldsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by adree313

let me start by saying this chick is whacked and i, too, feel sorry for the groom to be. and the friend is just as whacked for merely being the friend. with that said...

i was watching ace of cakes from last week i think (?) and someone asked them to do step by step pictures (maybe not exactly step by step, but they wanted pictures) and they didn't seem to have a problem with it. they even had "fun" with it and had someone take the pictures for them. it was weird because i had this thread in my mind the whole time. i guess it's all in how you see it *shrugs*.

And what no one outside of their bakery saw was the final cost of that cake. No one knows if CCC charged for that service or not. Duff would be silly not to. Then again, their minimum price is $1000.

very true.

marmalade1687 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marmalade1687 Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 9:11pm
post #33 of 47
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by emrldsky

Quote:

let me start by saying this chick is whacked and i, too, feel sorry for the groom to be. and the friend is just as whacked for merely being the friend. with that said...

i was watching ace of cakes from last week i think (?) and someone asked them to do step by step pictures (maybe not exactly step by step, but they wanted pictures) and they didn't seem to have a problem with it. they even had "fun" with it and had someone take the pictures for them. it was weird because i had this thread in my mind the whole time. i guess it's all in how you see it *shrugs*.

And what no one outside of their bakery saw was the final cost of that cake. No one knows if CCC charged for that service or not. Duff would be silly not to. Then again, their minimum price is $1000.

very true.

And Duff (and other cake shows) films the making of the cake, so the client gets a video of the making of their masterpiece from the network...

CristyInMiami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CristyInMiami Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 9:33pm
post #34 of 47

I have had several people ask if they could come over my house and watch me or if they can help me make them.

I tell them straight out NO!

If they get mad, tough luck for them. The way I see it is I don't need customers like that.

I'm not sure why Duff would agree to the pictures. I'm thinking it was just for the show. What if others wanted pics too? It would take more time to do so, so I would think they charged for this.

marmalade1687 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marmalade1687 Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 9:49pm
post #35 of 47

The only reason I could see Duff saying yes to photos is that they are already filming the process of the cake "building" anyway - what harm would there be to take still photos on top of that? The filming would show way more than the photos would!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 10:05pm
post #36 of 47

Wow what's next? Asking for a live web feed that they can check in on what's going on with the cake. icon_rolleyes.gif
Sure no problem. I've got the cam already set up on the counter veiw. let me turn it on for ya...

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 10:09pm
post #37 of 47

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
sadsmile I WANT that guy! I'll hold it up everytime I tell someone that ".....I'll bend over to make it easier for you to kiss my a$$!"
icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 10:18pm
post #38 of 47

Hahahaha. That's hilarious!! If I were you I would even change his clothes (shirt and hat) to go with the season- santa hat, bunny ears, etc. LOL

MrsNancyB1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsNancyB1 Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 10:30pm
post #39 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

Wow what's next? Asking for a live web feed that they can check in on what's going on with the cake. icon_rolleyes.gif
Sure no problem. I've got the cam already set up on the counter veiw. let me turn it on for ya...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!! That made my day, and literally made me LOL!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

three_sets_of_twins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
three_sets_of_twins Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 5:04am
post #40 of 47

Oh GOD Ive gotten that a few times, I hate it!!
I did it the first time and never again! This lady wanted a step by step picture of my cupcake bouquet she ordered, right down to wanting me to put all my ribbons in a row and sending her the pic so she can choose which shade of pink ribbon she wanted.
Now when people ask me that I kindly explain that every cake or cupcake looks naked and incomplete until you are 99% finished with it, and the finishing touches are everything. And reassure her that she will love her cake when she receives it.

indydebi Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 5:12am
post #41 of 47

And here's another question: If we supply the pictures, what does it tell her, if she knows nothing about cake and cake construction?

"OMG, Mom look! She's pushing STICKS inside my cake!" icon_surprised.gif Well yeah-uh! unless you want the whole thing to collapse inside itself because there are no supports in there!

"OMG, Mom look! She messed up the first coat of icing! You can see the cake right thru it and this picture shows where she had to put ANOTHER coat on to cover up the mess!" Uh, it's called a crumb coat, ya moron!

"OMG, Mom look! Her cake didn't bake right and she's cutting off the top half!" (I actualy had a neighbor who was shocked when she found out that we get the cakes flat by cutting off the round part. dunce.gif )

It's like those "10 Questions to ask your caterer/baker". They ask them because they are TOLD to ask them ..... but they've no idea WHY they are asking or what the correct should be.

I mean, I could get pics from Dell Computer on how they built my laptop and it would mean nothing to me, because I don't knwo SQUAT about building a computer. icon_confused.gif

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 5:36am
post #42 of 47

Heck no!! You can suggest she take pics of the cake being taken down to serve, then scrapebook them in reverse. There ya go!! I know that's dumb but not as dumb as her request. Maybe you should tell her you'll only deal with the person actually PAYING for the cake.

My older sister had a fit because I named my first son David, because she wanted to use it for her first. Soorrry, but I had my baby 6 weeks before hers and named him, oddly enough, after my husband DAVID!

indydebi Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 11:57am
post #43 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolAnn

My older sister had a fit because I named my first son David, because she wanted to use it for her first. Soorrry, but I had my baby 6 weeks before hers and named him, oddly enough, after my husband DAVID!

There was a little "concern" because I named my oldest daughter "Christine" and (first) hubby's sister already had a son named "christopher". They whined about "we'll have two Chris's!" Uh, one's a boy, one's a girl .... I'm SURE we'll be able to tell them apart!

CakeWhizz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeWhizz Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 12:47pm
post #44 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

This bride has a better friend than she probably realizes.

lol!
More like the bride has a better friend than she deserves

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 12 Dec 2009 , 7:33pm
post #45 of 47

That is sooo strange! I would tell her I am to busy to take pics, sorry.

Jen icon_smile.gif

mariahbakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariahbakes Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 4:55pm
post #46 of 47

Everything turned out fine. I was a little on edge during the delivery hoping the Bride wouldn't emerge from wherever she was hiding. But she did, they loved the cake and the bride even apologized for being a "spazz". Alls well that ends well I guess.

Thanks for all the advice! I've been a daily lurker since I joined a few months ago. Finally starting to ease in to the forum posting stuff. icon_lol.gif
LL

CakeWhizz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeWhizz Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 4:58pm
post #47 of 47

I love that it all ended beautifully. Well done. The cake is stunning!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%