Fondant Covered Sugar Cookie Question

Baking By suesong34 Updated 7 Dec 2009 , 1:58pm by snowballwinters

suesong34 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suesong34 Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 1:29pm
post #1 of 3

I want to order a wedding cake cookie cutter "texture set" from Kitchen Kraft. The set includes a texture mat that says to be used by placing it over crusted icing and roll over once with a small rolling pin and remove leaving a decorated wedding cake design on it. This is such a time saver for me in decorating about 200 weddng cookies! But, here's the question... Can this process be used with fondant? I read a thread here about cutting out fondant with the same cookie cutter and placing it on the cookie just as it comes out of the oven and it will adhere to the cookie as it cools. Perhaps using the texture mat at the same time would produce an imprint or wait until it is cool. Any thoughts from the pros?????????

2 replies
kaat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaat Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 1:53pm
post #2 of 3

I would texture the fondant then cut it out.
There's some great tutorials here:
http://www.rolledfondant.com/how.htm

snowballwinters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowballwinters Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 1:58pm
post #3 of 3

having just done this last night....I baked my cookies and as they were cooling rolled my fondant out, used my mat and then cut fondant circles. The cookies were cooler, but my fondant stuck to most of them. The ones that they didn't stick to, I just brushed the cookies with just a bit of water and that made the fondant stick.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%