Cupcakes Stick To The Liner?

Baking By motherofgrace Updated 8 Dec 2009 , 2:22am by WendyRainbow

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 5:14am
post #1 of 8

Hi.

How do I get the cupcakes to not stick to the liner for when people are trying to peel them off and eat them?

7 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 6:04am
post #2 of 8

Let them sit in the cupcake pans when they're removed from the oven - don't remove and let cool on a rack...
(The liners will steam off, but then you have naked cupcakes.)

HTH

WendyRainbow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WendyRainbow Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 6:38am
post #3 of 8

I have the opposite problem, my cupcake papers often peel off by themselves and then they look silly all half falling off the cupcake. Does this mean I've left them in the pan too long after i've taken them out of the oven? Maybe i should transfer them to a rack..

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 7:27am
post #4 of 8

Yes, cooling the cupcakes in the pan doesn't allow the steam to escape, so you're steaming the wrappers off.

HTH

SScakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SScakes Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 8:23am
post #5 of 8

Thanks JanH for the response.....I have the same problem with the liners peeling off and it looks awful.....and yes, it is normally the last batch that I have just left in the tin to cool off.

WendyRainbow Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 1:05pm
post #6 of 8

Yeh i agree, i tried a batch today and i took them out of the tray as soon as they came out of the oven. What is interesting though, is that i had some that had just plain paper cups and some that had foil cups with a paper lining. - The foil ones always come out nicely and stay attached. But even after putting them straight away on the rack, the plain paper ones did start to peel a little after a while. So maybe it has something to do with the type of cupcake papers you use also?

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 1:28pm
post #7 of 8

see I find that when I remove them immediately the liners always peel off on their own (I always assumed that the cupcakes sort of expanded when left on a rack still hot and then as they cooled they shrunk up again and the papers became loose)

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, now I don't know what to do! llol

WendyRainbow Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 2:22am
post #8 of 8

Clearly we need to conduct controlled experiments! My first experiment yesterday was with some paper and some foil cups. I put them straight on a rack but the paper ones did peel a bit but not too badly. The foil ones not at all..
I really think its the papers you use.. The thin single paper ones always seem to peel off but the ones with foil as well don't seem to do it at all..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%