I'm Done Responding...

Business By CakeForte Updated 8 Dec 2009 , 3:28am by cylstrial

CakeForte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeForte Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 5:29am
post #1 of 34

to emails that don't make any kind sense, but are about a wedding, tell me to call with no other info as to "why" or what they need, or asking me how much my facility rental is. (no I don't work for or own a facility, btw).

If you can't compose a simple message about ordering a cake. I can't help you.

That is all.

33 replies
LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 5:37am
post #2 of 34

LOL! They say you can't teach stupid, ya gotta be born with it, and you have met some blessed in abundance! icon_lol.gif

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 5:37am
post #3 of 34

Maybe a standard "Sorry I am unable to respond to your request because not enough information was supplied by you / I don't have venue information" kind of reply? You don't want to get a bad rep from someone.

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 6:02am
post #4 of 34

They're all people who have written to me. I write back to them and tell them that you're more suited to help them.

icon_evil.gif

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 2:53pm
post #5 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensch

They're all people who have written to me. I write back to them and tell them that you're more suited to help them.

icon_evil.gif

LMAO icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 3:04pm
post #6 of 34
Quote:

icon_evil.gif

But those are the same ones who write to me, so are you sending some my way, too? I think I know who to refer them to now! icon_twisted.gif

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 3:14pm
post #7 of 34

I know, I hate those that say "i need a cake plz call me".

*delete*

mightydragon663 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mightydragon663 Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 3:24pm
post #8 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBellaFlor

LOL! They say you can't teach stupid, ya gotta be born with it, and you have met some blessed in abundance! icon_lol.gif

ROFLOL! icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gif

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 8:55pm
post #9 of 34

LOL!

Jen icon_smile.gif

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 9:20pm
post #10 of 34

Dear Sir or Madam:

Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, the requested information can not be provided at this time due to one or more of the following reasons:

- Insufficient information was included in the inquiry
- Unintelligible inquiry
- Invalid inquiry

If the first or second reason applies to your situation, please resubmit your inquiry using proper English grammar and spelling, being sure to include all pertinent information, such as, but not limited to, your name, your phone number, your email address, the flavor, size, and style of cake about which your are interested, and the occasion for which the cake is needed.

If the third reason applies to your situation, please contact the appropriate party with your inquiry.

Thank you for taking the time to read this reply. We look forward to receiving any future applicable, correctly communicated correspondence from you.

Sincerely,
[insert your name here]

snowboarder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowboarder Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 9:25pm
post #11 of 34

I delete voicemail messages like that too. "Hi. This is blah blah. Give me a call at blah-blah".

No.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 10:03pm
post #12 of 34

I hear yah....I had a few emails like that also....I need a cake...call me at..Yadda Yadda Yadda...Nope!!! You can email or call me!

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 10:30pm
post #13 of 34
Quote:

icon_evil.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
thumbs_up.gif this just made my day...

I get stupid requests from brides saying, we love your set-up, beautiful buffet table "decorations", and have heard nothing but rave reviews about your food, but we want to save money so can we just: A) get the food from Sam's or B) have our Aunt Bessie make it, and then you set it up and serve it?
Ummm icon_mad.gif no...

People, I swear.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 1:30am
post #14 of 34

I like the question "How much is a three-layer wedding cake?" Obviously they mean three tiers, not layers....Hmmmm, would that be 5" 6" 7" tiers, or 8" 14" 20" tiers?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 2:23am
post #15 of 34

I added JUST a few changes!! (in bold): icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by prterrell

Dear Sir or Madam:

Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, the requested information can not be provided at this time due to one or more of the following reasons:

- Insufficient information was included in the inquiry
- Unintelligible inquiry
- Invalid inquiry
- You sound like a dumbass that I dont' want to work with.

If the first or second reason applies to your situation, please resubmit your inquiry using proper English grammar and spelling, being sure to include all pertinent information, such as, but not limited to, your name, your phone number, your email address, the flavor, size, and style of cake about which your are interested, and the occasion for which the cake is needed.

If the third reason applies to your situation, please contact the appropriate party with your inquiry.

If the fourth reason hits the nail on the head, please call (insert name of competitor who has recently p*ssed me off) who will be happy to waste, uh, spend their time with a twit.

Thank you for taking the time to read this reply. We look forward to receiving any future applicable, correctly communicated correspondence from you.

Sincerely,
[insert your name here]

amberkw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberkw Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 2:44am
post #16 of 34

Oh gracious! My guts hurt. Y'all are too funny.

sweetneice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetneice Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 4:50am
post #17 of 34

Indydebi! You are hilarious!!!!!!!!!! Gotta love ya! lmbo!

dstbni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dstbni Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 5:01am
post #18 of 34

That's so funny! I was watching Ace of Cakes and the admin lady went through her "FAIL" file, reading several of the emails they received that were to messed up to be effective. Those were pretty funny too.

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 5:01am
post #19 of 34

I have a very hard time responding to someone who sends me an e-mail all in lower case. I feel like sending a response telling them when they can figure out where the CAP key is on their computer and write a request in complete sentences, then I can help them.

I know it's not nice, but those e-mails annoy the crap out of me. Are you really too lazy to hold down the cap key at the beginning of a sentence!?

DecorateMe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DecorateMe Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 8:36pm
post #20 of 34

Not as bad as the job applicant who wrote to me like she was writing a text message!

I want to work for u, please call me XXX-XXXX

Um, no?

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 8:59pm
post #21 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

*delete*

or my favorite "How much are your cakes?" I don't even bother anymore, I just delete them.

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 10:58pm
post #22 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeGrlPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

*delete*

or my favorite "How much are your cakes?" I don't even bother anymore, I just delete them.

I respond to these. I can't really afford to turn away what might actually be genuine business.

I tell them my cakes start at $3.25/serving, a serving is a standard 1 x 2 x 4 inch size, and that FYI, a round 8" cake serves 24. Then I let them do the math. Sometimes I hear back from them; sometimes I don't.

cuillere Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cuillere Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 1:46am
post #23 of 34

Wow I didn't know people did that. I'm getting ready to open a shop so I'll be getting my fair share of those. to be honest I too get annoyed with ditzy and selfish people but I need to find a way to deal with. I will probably set up few automated responses like big companies do and tell you not to respond back no one will read it.

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 2:13am
post #24 of 34

i write in lowercase on forums, but not on business communications...at this moment, i'm doing it because i only have two hands, and one is occupied right now w/ a breastpump icon_biggrin.gificon_redface.gif

indydebi Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 2:19am
post #25 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeGrlPA

or my favorite "How much are your cakes?"

My response: "See our "Wedding Cakes Pricing" page on our website for complete pricing information."

tenleysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenleysmommy Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 2:39am
post #26 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixinvixen

i write in lowercase on forums, but not on business communications...at this moment, i'm doing it because i only have two hands, and one is occupied right now w/ a breastpump icon_biggrin.gificon_redface.gif

AH,the joys of mommyhood icon_biggrin.gif

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 2:45am
post #27 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixinvixen

I've done that too, when my son spilled something sticky over my keyboard, it was hard enough hitting the correct letters six times, I was not going to fight with the shift button, too. But that was just for emails with friends, and here on cc (I hope noone minded too much!)

tannersmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tannersmom Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 3:11am
post #28 of 34

Let me tell you what ticks me off; people who think I own a MAGIC SPATULA and can whip out a cake in a matter of minutes. I hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I work a full time job @ the office and @ home. It's only me baking and decorating. They think just because they have asked me about my cakes that I automatically hold dates for them. They've been told the policies. They don't listen. Back to the magic SPATULA again. They think you can whip out a cake to feed 200 people with, no deposit, no details and no freaking clue as to what actually goes into cake decorating. I just want to hit them in the head with that SPATULA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

indydebi Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 3:13am
post #29 of 34

tannersmom ... it makes ya just want to tell 'em, "Show me the written order confirmation and show me the deposit you paid me, THEN we can talk about the cake you 'ordered'!" icon_mad.gif

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 3:46am
post #30 of 34

Debi, you have got to write a book. A creative title and a few of the quotes from CC and you will be rolling in the dough! (the nice crisp green kind)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%