Facebook Fyi

Lounge By Lenette Updated 6 Jan 2010 , 10:42pm by keystone

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 1:24pm
post #31 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelFood4

Whoo hoo!!! I got my vanity name! Thank you all for helping me get some fans...I greatly appreciate it icon_smile.gifparty.gif

icon_biggrin.gif

sweetsbyjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsbyjen Posted 23 Dec 2009 , 1:11am
post #32 of 36

Thanks for the info, i just made my page as well! I don't have a personal page so I can't do much!

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 23 Dec 2009 , 5:08pm
post #33 of 36

I need 3 more fans...so what do you do when you get to 25? How do you get the vanity name? I did a search in the help section on fb for 'vanity name' and didn't get anything.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 23 Dec 2009 , 5:40pm
post #34 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misdawn

I need 3 more fans...so what do you do when you get to 25? How do you get the vanity name? I did a search in the help section on fb for 'vanity name' and didn't get anything.

Here's the link... http://www.facebook.com/help/#/help.php?page=900

To get to this, go to the bottom of the facebook page and click on "help." Then in the second section, there's a flag for pages. Click that, then go to the "admin: editing your page" link. There are a bunch of topics there, and one of them in the second section is about getting usernames.

The "help" button on facebook is better than doing a search for topics. Sometimes you have to wander around a little to find what you're looking for!

AngelFood4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelFood4 Posted 23 Dec 2009 , 5:42pm
post #35 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misdawn

Go here: http://www.facebook.com/username/
Click on "set a user name for your pages"
Then type in the name you want...it'll tell you if it is available or not.

keystone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keystone Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 10:42pm
post #36 of 36

Thanks for the info. I have just set up my facebook page (keystone confections). My daughter had it linked to her page but doesn't seem to have time to update it. I am learning from all the info posted here... thanks! Once I get the fans, I will try for the vanity name also.

Linda

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%