White/chocolate Cake Recipe

Baking By Sandysdream Updated 25 Dec 2009 , 2:57pm by Mensch

Sandysdream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandysdream Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 12:06pm
post #1 of 3

I am looking for a recipe that i can trust, that is easy to make and I can change from white to chocolate. I have tried a view, but cannot find the right one. Found a nice White chocolate one, but it is very soft, afraid it would not hold if I put two or more cakes on top of each other. Also tried the ones with jogurt in, but it seems to go off faster than the others. Do you maybe have such a recipe that never fails and everybody loves? I would like to try it. Thanks.

2 replies
juststarted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juststarted Posted 25 Dec 2009 , 2:53pm
post #2 of 3

I made Anna Olson's white chocolate cake few times, my family raves about it. you can choose your own filling/frosting. make sure to use 2% milk. Here is the recipe: http://www.lifestylefood.com.au/recipes/9003/white-chocolate-berry-wedding-cake

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 25 Dec 2009 , 2:57pm
post #3 of 3

It's better to have two different recipes, as white chocolate and dark chocolate have completely different properties and can seldom be interchanged as such.

Dede Wilson has a good WC cake recipe in her first wedding cake book. Personally, I think white chocolate is icky, but my customers seem to like the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%