Pumpkin Cake - How On Earth Is This Made?!

Decorating By BlueP Updated 2 Dec 2009 , 4:52pm by catlharper

BlueP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueP Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 10:48am
post #1 of 8

I just can't figure out how and from what is this shape of pumpkin made?
How is it covered in fondant?! It is really gorgeous

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1492750

Can anyone explain please?

7 replies
MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 12:38pm
post #2 of 8

When I have made pumpkin cakes, I use the various sizes bundt pans and it works great!

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 12:49pm
post #3 of 8

Wow, cool. I looked at the cake and it looks like it could be bundts or hand carved. If you read her description, she says her inspiration was cc member Peecheekeeno...if you go to the cake by peecheekeeno she says "I used 6", 9", and 12" round cakes, filled then and carved the top edge and bottom edge. I then carved vertical indentations." Maybe you could pm one of them and ask for more details.

juleebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleebug Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 12:55pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MnSnow

When I have made pumpkin cakes, I use the various sizes bundt pans and it works great!

same here icon_biggrin.gif

BlueP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueP Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 2:48pm
post #5 of 8

ok - thanks guys for replying..but then if you use bundt shape you need actually to do 2 cakes of 1 size and then flip one over and stack with the other one to get pumkpin look?

juleebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleebug Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 3:15pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueP

ok - thanks guys for replying..but then if you use bundt shape you need actually to do 2 cakes of 1 size and then flip one over and stack with the other one to get pumkpin look?

Yes. That is what I did. (Sorry I don't have a picture. It was for a church dinner and I just didn't take one.)

QueenJessica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenJessica Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 4:26pm
post #7 of 8

yep, bundt cake pan

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 4:52pm
post #8 of 8

I've used bundt pans for many things...the ornament cake in my album is also made with two bundt cakes. Pumpkins are easy to do this way...easier with buttercream than fondant but still easy.

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%