Where To Find Large Wedding Cake Boxes?

Decorating By adven68 Updated 1 Dec 2009 , 10:22pm by cylstrial

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 8:18pm
post #1 of 10

I want large corrugated or strong cardboard boxes with a lid for large assembled cakes....any idea where to find them?

thanks!

9 replies
bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 8:26pm
post #2 of 10

Globalsugarart sells them

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 8:30pm
post #3 of 10

I don't use corrugated card board but I do use 2 cake boxes put together like this and then wrapped with plastic wrap.

I transport up to 4 tiers assembled all the time and they fit fine in the box.

The smaller boxes (10" and under) don't have the gap but I still wrap with plastic wrap to prevent any fuzzies getting on the cake.

And each box is under a dollar to it's not that expensive either.
HTH.
LL
LL

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 9:03pm
post #4 of 10

What about the UPS Store??

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 9:11pm
post #5 of 10

I use moving boxes from Home Depot. They don't have a lid, just flaps. I tape the top shut with instructions to cut the side of the box to get the cake out. They cost $1.29 for a large box. I put a small square of nonslip drawer liner inside, under the cake board.

Kims_cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kims_cakes Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 9:21pm
post #6 of 10

After looking at boxes on-line I did something similar to Texas_Rose. I just cut down the side of a moving box. I taped the sides back up so it would easily pull down, then I could slide the cake in and out. I also put the cake on top of nonslip liner. Worked like a charm!

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 9:49pm
post #7 of 10

Do ya'll leave the box with the customer?
I do the cake boxes so I can just leave them there, sometimes I deliver a cake hours before the event and I would't want my cake sitting there uncovered for who knows what to get on it or touch it.
I had a customer once who thought I had used an old moving box for their cake, I did'nt, I had gone to Walmart and bought a brand new box but it was sill akward explaining that the box was not a used moving box.
So since then I stick with the cake boxes.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 9:58pm
post #8 of 10

I don't have customers, just friends and family who are lucky enough to get a cake icon_biggrin.gif Most of them are going out of town or across town with the cake and I don't deliver. So they pick up the cake in its box and take it wherever they're going. Nobody has asked if it's a new box or not. One ballsy relative snuck the cake into the Cheesecake Factory for a big dinner party, saying it was a large birthday gift inside the box.

this-mama-rocks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
this-mama-rocks Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 9:59pm
post #9 of 10

try U-Line. hth

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 10:22pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by this-mama-rocks

try U-Line. hth

Yes - they have lots and lots of boxes!

Quote by @%username% on %date%