Bustier Cake Help!

Decorating By aggieyums Updated 1 Dec 2009 , 1:43am by cathie_shinnick

aggieyums Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggieyums Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 3:25pm
post #1 of 5

Hi! I wasn't sure if this would be classified as a "naughty cake" since there's no nudity or anything so I'll go ahead and ask my questions and it can be deleted if need be ^_^
So I need to make a bustier/corset cake for a bachelorette party and I havn't had nearly enough cake decorating experience. Here's my plan so far...

Bake 2 9x13 chocolate layers (for the body) and 2 bowl cakes for the "bumps", let them cool, put them together and do a crumb layer. Wrap it in saran wrap (which I'm not sure how to do). Freeze it.

When I'm ready to decorate (the end of this week probably). I planned on carving the sides while it's still frozen. Then ice the entire cake in skin colored BC frosting. I was then just going to use fondant to lay over the "body" for the bustier part.

Does this sound right? Does anyone have any tips/tricks or advice? This is my first big project like this and I really don't want to mess it up!! Thanks!

4 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 5:20pm
post #2 of 5

The bumps on the 9x13 need to be kind of small to fit. If you look in my photos, there's something like you're describing, except that it isn't wearing a corset. I used 2 9x13 and then the mini wonder mold pan to create that shape. It might give you a good idea of how it would look (just imagine it dressed icon_biggrin.gif ).

SuzyNoQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuzyNoQ Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 7:04pm
post #3 of 5

Mine bust cake is classified as naughty but I used an 11x15 for the body and Wilton's small ball pan (the one that you set on rings) and used a few scraps from carving it under any that hung over the 11x15 cake. I thought the preportons were great. (I used 3 mixes)

aggieyums Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggieyums Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 10:18pm
post #4 of 5

thanks y'all!

cathie_shinnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathie_shinnick Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 1:43am
post #5 of 5

I beleive I only used one 11X15 and the small ball pans too, wasn't naughty. (see photo) I cut a flesh colored piece of fondant to fit on the top and ten covered the rest in green fondant. good luck. make sure you post a pix.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%