Cakecentral Magazine

Decorating By cakesthatrock Updated 23 Nov 2013 , 5:06pm by bpuck

cakesthatrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesthatrock Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 3:47am
post #1 of 39

I want to start my saying I love cake central. I always read reviews on products and I try to be frugal with my money. This is why I am asking about this new magazine that cost 60.00 a year.

Does anyone know how many pages will be in the magazine? What type of content with the magazine contain. Will this magazine come on time? The two cake mags I get now do not.
Will the magazine be like ACD? ACD is 30.00 a year, and each issue if you buy it by the issue is 5.99.
I get ACD (American Cake Decorating) and MBN ( Mail Box News). I think MBN is overpriced.

Does anyone know if you can get a refund if you are not happy with the magazine?

38 replies
Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 5:29am
post #2 of 39

The magazine will be approx 120 pages.

There are 10 issues, two of the issues are special seasonal issues and therefore much larger.

There will be a ton of content, ranging from Tutorials, Industry Trends, seasonal projects, humor, profiles of up and coming decorators, product reviews, recipes, kids projects, a touch of cupcakes, cookies, and other related topics, event calendars, profiles of up coming major events, guest articles from cake celebs, etc, etc. All of the content will be original and not a rehash of what is on the website.

Of course we expect it to ship on time.

We will not be issuing refunds if someone just decides they don't want a subscription anymore. If you are hesitant to subscribe, you can always wait and buy an issue off the retail shelf. Of course the retail shelf price will be much higher than the subscription price, so that is the trade off.

$60 really isn't all that much, its $5 a month which is about the same as one large mocha at Starbucks.

Wiltonlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wiltonlady Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 6:01am
post #3 of 39

Thanks Heath. I too was wondering about the price but, you've cleared that for me.

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 2:05pm
post #4 of 39

Heath, can you please tell me if there will be anything dealing with buttercream? It seems that all other cake magazines only talk about fondant. Thanks!!! The magazine sounds great!

HowCoolGomo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HowCoolGomo1 Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 2:37pm
post #5 of 39

Heath, you've sold me for the first year.

Heath Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 8:12pm
post #6 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMB

Heath, can you please tell me if there will be anything dealing with buttercream? It seems that all other cake magazines only talk about fondant. Thanks!!! The magazine sounds great!

I am sure there will be, I am not personally handling the topic decisions, but we are aware that buttercream can often get overlooked, and yet is a staple of the cake decorating craft. I will certainly remind the people making the content decisions to remember to include the buttercream side of things.

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 8:16pm
post #7 of 39

Great news!!! Thanks, Heath!

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 9:30pm
post #8 of 39

Sounds so great. I will be subscribing too. I also want to see buttercream recipes and projects.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 6:55pm
post #9 of 39

As soon as I was notified about the magazine, I subscribed! It's going to be my Christmas gift from my husband. I didn't get any notification that my subsription had been received, however. So now I'm fretting that I did something wrong, and that I'm not signed up as a subscriber. What would I do to check this out?

Heath Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 8:49pm
post #10 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiRJ

As soon as I was notified about the magazine, I subscribed! It's going to be my Christmas gift from my husband. I didn't get any notification that my subsription had been received, however. So now I'm fretting that I did something wrong, and that I'm not signed up as a subscriber. What would I do to check this out?

Sorry, you should have received an email receipt, unfortunately we have a heck of a time with our automated emails getting through to yahoo email addresses.

I check and your subscription did come through just fine, thanks thumbs_up.gif

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 11:18pm
post #11 of 39

Thanks Heath and Jackie for this. I will definitely subscribe!

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 12:06am
post #12 of 39

Wonderful to hear my subscription went thru. I can't wait to get the first issue! I'm thrilled to hear that buttercream won't be forgotten, and that cookies will be included. I love to decorate cakes, but decorated sugar cookies are my passion.

11cupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
11cupcakes Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 1:45am
post #13 of 39

120 pages sounds really good! I am so glad you choose to publish this magazine.We need good magazine for cake decorators so much.I used to subscribe to mailbox-news and ACD, but it wasn't good year for them. So it's nice to try something new and I want to beleive you are going to do good job.

Brendabeeper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brendabeeper Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 3:53am
post #14 of 39

if we choose to get the first issue from retail do you know who will carry the magazines, Hobby lobby, Mangelsens, Michael's just wondering. thanks

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 9:57pm
post #15 of 39

Heath,

I was not aware that a receipt was sent if you subscribed to the magazine. I subscribed the first day or two that you advertized it's upcoming birth. How do I check to see if you got my request as I never received anything.

Thanks.

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 2:01am
post #16 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peridot

Heath,

I was not aware that a receipt was sent if you subscribed to the magazine. I subscribed the first day or two that you advertized it's upcoming birth. How do I check to see if you got my request as I never received anything.

Thanks.

me too...is there any way to verify that you received it? Thanks!

SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 2:11am
post #17 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by adven68

Quote:

Heath,

Thanks.

me too...is there any way to verify that you received it? Thanks!

Me three icon_wink.gif Subscribed but didn't recieve an e-mail that it went through. How can we tell?

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 2:20am
post #18 of 39

If you paid by credit or debit card you can easily check to see if your payment was received. I paid for mine using a debit/credit card, went to my account online to see if CC received payment, they did. It says CAKECENTRAL. LLC ISSAQUA. They received my payment.....I will get magazine.
If you check your account and the debit or credit has gone through then they have received your order and you should receive your magazine as scheduled. Your payment clearing is your best receipt. Hope this helps. icon_smile.gif

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 2:22am
post #19 of 39

i too would like to subscribe. but would like to know when i do it.. that i get a comfirmation on it.. don,t like to spend my money and not get a reply.. guess. i will wait..until all bugs are taken care of.. already having problems with acd and mbn.. for the first time in 14 yrs.. don,t need any new ones.. i will patiently wait for the cake cental magazine to be up and going. will wait to hear from all c/cers that get their new magazine.. this is one site. that tells it like it is..

MORSELSBYMARK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MORSELSBYMARK Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 2:33am
post #20 of 39

It's killing me that I can't subscribe yet! I'm in Canada abd still waiting on the price / shipping info. I definitely want to replace my ACD subscription with Cake Central mag!

Teekakes Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 2:38am
post #21 of 39

Mark, that is what I did....replaced ACD, MB, with the new Cake Central subscription. Are they going to ship the new CC to Canada and all you need is the price? I would hope that to be the case. If not, I would offer mailing a copy to you as they hit the shelf. icon_smile.gif

MORSELSBYMARK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MORSELSBYMARK Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 2:41am
post #22 of 39

Thanks Teecakes! When they announced the launch, they said they plan on announcing other countries in the upcoming weeks, but that feels like it was months ago! I may take you up on this offer if I don't hear back from them soon.

Teekakes Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 2:45am
post #23 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORSELSBYMARK

Thanks Teecakes! When they announced the launch, they said they plan on announcing other countries in the upcoming weeks, but that feels like it was months ago! I may take you up on this offer if I don't hear back from them soon.

Yep, feel free to take me up on my offer. I never mind helping fellow cakers outside the USA and have done so on several occasions. Please do not hesitate to ask, you telling me is the only way I will know you need the mag mailed. icon_smile.gif

crumbcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbcake Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 2:52am
post #24 of 39

I ordered as well, and did not receive notification of receipt. Kindly let me know too!

jenncowin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenncowin Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 3:01am
post #25 of 39

I'm curious what retail locations will carry the CC magazine as well.

QueenBee1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenBee1 Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 5:57pm
post #26 of 39

I am seriously thinking about subscribing to the CC magazine. I used to subscribe to a cake decorating magazine years ago (ACD, I think). I became disappointed in the content and with some of the others on the newstand, because I feel that the price is not always justfied by the content. I am anxious to see the CC decorating magazine and am confident that it will be much better than what's currently available.

One question: Will the magazine be delivered in a plastic wrapping? I subscribe to numerous magazines and am always disappointed when the magazine is torn during delivery.

Heath Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 3:10am
post #27 of 39
Quote:

Heath,

Thanks.

Send me a PM with your real life contact info and I will look up your order thumbs_up.gif

Heath Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 3:12am
post #28 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenBee1

I am seriously thinking about subscribing to the CC magazine. I used to subscribe to a cake decorating magazine years ago (ACD, I think). I became disappointed in the content and with some of the others on the newstand, because I feel that the price is not always justfied by the content. I am anxious to see the CC decorating magazine and am confident that it will be much better than what's currently available.

One question: Will the magazine be delivered in a plastic wrapping? I subscribe to numerous magazines and am always disappointed when the magazine is torn during delivery.

yes the subscriptions will be individually bagged and sealed prior to shipping to minimize chance of damage in shipping.

Heath Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 3:13am
post #29 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenncowin

I'm curious what retail locations will carry the CC magazine as well.

we are still in the process of selling to local suppliers and online stores.

We will publish a list of retail locations when we get closer to the ship date.

Heath Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 3:15am
post #30 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teekakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORSELSBYMARK

Yep, feel free to take me up on my offer. I never mind helping fellow cakers outside the USA and have done so on several occasions. Please do not hesitate to ask, you telling me is the only way I will know you need the mag mailed. icon_smile.gif

don't worry, international subscriptions will open before the first issue ships. We are just ironing out some details in our e-commerce system for it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%