Two Firsts - Both Horrible (Long)

Decorating By sugarandslice Updated 2 Dec 2009 , 12:05pm by -K8memphis

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 3:18pm
post #31 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

I also like costume's email and would add specifics: "The order was for a 4" and 6" plus 36 cupcakes, which is what was delivered." (As the smarta$$ of the group, I'd add a line of "....so I'm confused when you indicated the cake should have been twice as big, since the cake made was what was ordered by you.")

As SmartA$$ In Training, I agree with IndyDebi! thumbs_up.gif

If you feel strongly enough about this issue, then you should speak to a lawyer, if only for a consult (many do consults for free) to see where you stand. Considering she waited until AFTER you had picked up the display (directly from her not via someone else), then noticed the damage and sent her a bill for the damaged cake display that she complained about there not being the right amount of cake, and that you've got proof that she agreed to the amount of cake delivered, AND that you gave her a refund for the damage you caused to the "W" (and owned up to said damage immediately) ... she hasn`t got a leg to stand on. If she was that upset about the insufficient amount of cake, then she should have let you know the next day. In this age of technology, she would have been able to email you ASAP. You can`t use the excuse of being on your honeymoon anymore.

Her `threat` to not recommend you is just that ... a threat. She`s hoping you will back down and forget the whole thing. But if your town is as small as you say, then she`s just as likely to get the bad rep for not being honest with you ... so I wouldn`t worry about that part.

Whatever you decide in the end, I hope you can live with it, and not let it control your caking future.

lthiele Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lthiele Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 11:33am
post #32 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarandslice

She knew quite plainly that it was 36 cupcakes then a 6" and a 4" top cake - it's what SHE asked for.

Maybe she's a fisherman's wife, you know a six inch fish was T........H.......I.........S big (arms outstretched!) Probably sounder bigger in her head! It's just mean hearted to do that to someone. thumbsdown.gif Especially after you fixed your end without being asked!

Chin up - 'tis the festive season! Lets hope Santa drops loads more orders down your chimney and the reindeers pooop down hers!! icon_lol.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 12:05pm
post #33 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by lthiele

Chin up - 'tis the festive season! Lets hope Santa drops loads more orders down your chimney and the reindeers pooop down hers!! icon_lol.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%