Packaging Cupcakes For Order

Baking By sugar-2 Updated 25 Nov 2009 , 9:50pm by Kitagrl

sugar-2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugar-2 Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 12:19am
post #1 of 10

just wondering what everyone uses to package their cupcake orders.....do you use a board and then place them in the box, or just the open window boxes??? Thanks

9 replies
jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 12:38am
post #2 of 10

I use cupcake tins- the plastic ones with the snap lids just like the grocery store. For big orders I went to Sam's Club, purchased a case of cupcake inserts from the bakery. THey hold 30 cupcakes, and I use those for weddings in 1/2 sheet boxes. I have also done many cupcakes in a simple 1/2 sheet box or 1/4 sheet box without an insert. Works fine- just make sure the box fits the amount of cupcakes you need.

dstbni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dstbni Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 12:46am
post #3 of 10

Is this what you're talking about?
http://www.brpboxshop.com/bakery_boxes/cupcake_boxes.html

I was wondering if they worked well.

jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 1:11am
post #4 of 10

Yep- they are a lot like those. Except Sam's Club is WAY cheaper. I like how they work. You just have to make sure the insert is pressed into the box a ways, or your cuppies will fall through!

sugar-2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugar-2 Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 3:51am
post #5 of 10

Thanks,

I'm going to try to find some inserts for an order i have this weekend, 120 cupcakes, wish me luckicon_smile.gif

sjmoral Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sjmoral Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 4:20am
post #6 of 10

Can you share how much they are at SamsClub? I buy my 1/2 sheet boxes and the domes for the 10 in cakes and they come to about $1 each

sugarjones Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarjones Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 4:31am
post #7 of 10

The inserts at BRP are fabulous!! I use the 24 inserts and they were only $35 or so for 100, plus they ship FREE!

I didn't know they had them at Sam's!

Do I have to go to the actual bakery and ask one of the workers there? I'm always looking for a better deal.

Thanks!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 9:11pm
post #8 of 10

I love brpboxshop! They are awesome!

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 9:49pm
post #9 of 10

for the last three years I have always used a 1/2 sheet cardboard in the bottom of a 19X14X4 box. A squirt of icing on the bottom of each one will hold them in place.

Just this week I bought the brpboxshop inserts that hold 2 doz.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 9:50pm
post #10 of 10

I bought the inserts and they are great...I decorate them right in the box! A little hard to get out sometimes but otherwise they're a lifesaver.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%