Call Me Stupid...but

Baking By shiney Updated 3 Dec 2009 , 9:31pm by toleshed

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 3:52am
post #1 of 5

Y'all know I do the stick on the bag trick, but a friend asked me to put a stick on the cookie...and stupid butt me, forgot to do it before I baked it. I have tried the search with no luck, but I remember someone saying they 'glued' the stick with RI. I have a pretty heavy cookie, can one of you RI gluer experts tell me if it will work?? And if so, how do you keep from smushing the top of your cookie, or I guess you wait until it dries hard?
TIA
Shiney

4 replies
traceyjade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traceyjade Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 4:10am
post #2 of 5

You can use that or chocolate works as well, just make sure it is completely set.

dnaboo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dnaboo Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 4:58pm
post #3 of 5

Shiney...I've done that before. Hate it when that happens! what I've done is right out of the oven take the lollipop stick and slowly & ever so carefully insert into the cookie. This may be hard if there isn't enough room for the stick to lay flat between the cookies.

Alternately, you could make the hole in the cookie fresh out of the oven and once they've cooled a bit transfer to the cooling grid. Then dip one end of the stick in chocolate or RI and then insert into the pre-made hole. Just be sure it's set up well enough the cookie doesn't fall off the stick.

Good luck!!
Dina

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 5:15pm
post #4 of 5

I've used chocolate to glue the stick onto the back of heavy cookies with success. I prefer the thinner lollipop sticks. The fatter cookie sticks don't work as well for me.

The bouquets in the pic were centerpieces, so cookies were placed facing all directions. If you look closely, you can see the line of chocolate on the backs of some of the cookies.

Those jerseys and skates were 5" longways and cut 1/4" thick. Didn't lose a single cookie. icon_smile.gif
LL

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 9:31pm
post #5 of 5

H Shiney
I "glue" the stick on the back with RI. I do it before I decorate the cookie. So theres no smooshing. And when I decorate, the stick is stuck on so well that it doesn't come off. Good luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%