Pull Apart Cupcake Cakes

Decorating By kellie0406 Updated 23 Nov 2009 , 9:12pm by SuggaRose

kellie0406 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellie0406 Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 5:48pm
post #1 of 7

OK, I've been doing a little bit of decorating for a local cupcake shop. They have asked me to come in & decorate a pull apart cupcake cake. Since I've never done one, does anyone know - to paint onto the top of the cupcakes, would I just dilute gel colors with lemon extract? Also, how much would one charge to decorate only? All baking & icing would be made by shop. Thanks for any advice!
LL

6 replies
myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 6:10pm
post #2 of 7

If you are doing something like the picture you posted, that looks like a frozen buttercream transfer. There should be a tutorial on here on how to do one if you don't know how.

else you can just pipe buttercream on the cake and smooth it out.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 8:03pm
post #3 of 7

Yup, that looks like a FBCT to me.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 8:28pm
post #4 of 7

Cute cupcake cake!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 8:41pm
post #5 of 7

Priciing would depend on how you end up making it - painting or FBCT. It also would depend on how many CCs are used or time yourself and go w/an hourly fee.
I agree a FBCT would be the best way to go on this.

kellie0406 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellie0406 Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 8:47pm
post #6 of 7

Wow you guys are great. Thanks so much, just watched the tutorial on the frozen buttercream transfers. Nervous about trying this, especially when it's not for my own kids. The lady wants about 25 cupcakes. I was able to search the internet & find the coloring page used for this cake. I'm so used to doing a per serving price for fondant cakes, this one has me stumped. I don't want to do it if it's not worth my time. Does anyone know of the transfer can stay in freezer for 1 1/2 days? They want it the morning after Thanksgiving & I don't want to be doing this on Thanksgiving either.

SuggaRose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuggaRose Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 9:12pm
post #7 of 7

That is just too cute. Great job and very creative!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%